Injury lawyers in Skinningrove
Skinningrove is in North Yorkshire, a very popular place for motorbike riders, who are very vulnerable on the roads no matter where they ride. They do not have the metal bubble round them that a car driver has for protection, so their injuries when in accidents do tend to be more severe. There is clothing they can wear to help a little, such as:
- A well fitting, good quality helmet. There are many fakes on the market, so be sure to buy one from a reputable supplier. It might cost you a bit more, but it could mean the difference between life and death. If you drop or damage your helmet in any way, you should discard it, as its integrity could be compromised.
- Wear leather trousers and jacket. Leather is a lot more robust than denim or similar materials, and will give the rider better protection against burns and road rash.
- Leather gloves will give the hands good protection.
- Good quality sturdy leather boots will help protect the feet and ankles, which are particularly susceptible to breaks in motorbike accidents.
Bikers should try to ensure that any pillion passengers are attired in a similar fashion, because they need protecting as well. If the rider or pillion is injured in an accident that was not their fault, they may want to consult with injury lawyers in Skinningrove about making a personal injury compensation claim.
Injury lawyers in Skinningrove hope the injuries are not too severe
There are many injuries that can be the result of a motorbike accident. A few of them are:
- Road rash – where the rider slides along the road, removing skin and flesh;
- Biker’s arm – where the rider takes the full weight of the bike and it crushes the arm;
- Fractures – very common because riders tend to land with a thump;
- Burns – the engine of a motorbike is very hot and exposed. It is easy for the rider to come into contact with it during an accident;
- Head and brain injuries – a helmet will reduce the risk of head and brain injuries by 50%, but this is still the way 80% of accident fatalities happen;
- Back and spine injuries – another common injury for motorbike riders to sustain; and
- Facial injuries – this is more likely to happen if the helmet is not a full face one, as the face will be more exposed.
If you sustain any of these injuries, or any other injuries in an accident that was not your fault, you need to speak with injury lawyers in Skinningrove about making a personal injury compensation claim.
Making your motorbiking claim
To make a personal injury claim for a motorbike accident, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline, the experts in this field, on 0800 689 0500. For over 15 years, we have been helping people to get the compensation they deserved, and we want to help you too. We have the experience and knowledge you need to make the likelihood of your claim more successful.