Injury Lawyers in Simonsbath and Work Related Accidents
All employers have a legal duty to protect the welfare, health and safety of their employees while at work. There are laws, rules and regulations they have to follow, all laid down by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), who monitor them, looking for signs of non compliance.
If employers do not comply they can be heavily fined and in the worst cases, a prison sentence can be given. If you have an accident at work in which you are injured, and it happened because of your employers negligence, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim, using injury lawyers in Simonsbath.
Injury Lawyers in Simonsbath Say it is Not Hard to Comply
Most of the health and safety rules are common sense, things that the majority of employers would do anyway. They include:
- Keeping walks free of spillages and obstructions
- Make sure staff have proper breaks, a rested employee is far less likely to have an accident
- Provide free of charge any protective clothing or equipment that is needed for staff to do their job safely
- Keep a record of all accidents in an accident book
- Report serious accidents to the HSE
- Carry out risk assessments
- Put procedures in place, and make sure all employees know what they are, in case of an emergency such as a fire
- Carry out regular fire drills
- Ensure staff have enough space to work comfortably without having to constantly twist or squeeze in areas to do your job
- Ensure that all plant and equipment is in proper working order and that any safety devices needed are fitted
- Train staff to use the plant and equipment and make sure they are aware of any risks
If you are injured at work in an accident caused by their negligence, you may be able to make a personal injury claim using injury lawyers in Simonsbath.
Employees need to be responsible as well, make sure they wear protective clothing provided, use safety devices fitted and comply with the businesses health and safety policy.
If everyone does as they should, there may be no need to make a personal injury compensation claim.
Making Your Work Related Injury Claim
If you need to make a worked related injury claim, contact Accident Advice Helpline. For over 13 years we have been helping workers, and other victims, get the compensation they were entitled to. We have assisted many thousands of claimants with their personal injury compensation claims, making the process easy and efficient for them.
Call our helpline on, 0800 180 4123, and speak to one of our friendly advisors. They are professional who will guide you through the processes and make the whole experience a lot less stressful for you.