Had a cycling injury? Let injury lawyers in Saxmundham take the pain out of making your claim!
Cycling accidents are often one of the most painful and debilitating type of accident that can occur. This is due partly to the design of a bicycle which affords little protection to the cyclist from the impact from another vehicle or from the road surface should you fall off! It is also due to the vulnerability that riding a slow moving vehicle can cause on congested and high speed routes.
A guide to safe cycling
- Always wear reflective clothing that can alert other road users to your presence, especially in poor weather and lighting conditions.
- Always wear an approved helmet and tighten the chin strap. You should make sure this is a good fit, and wear it correctly, not pushed to the back of your head.
- Check that your lights work and that they conform to current safety standards.
- Ensure that your bike is in a roadworthy condition by checking the tyres, brakes, chain and general mechanical wellbeing of the bike.
- Ensure that the bike is the correct size and height for the rider.
- Pack a puncture repair kit and tyre levers in case of a puncture.
- When cycling amongst traffic, don’t assume that other road users have seen you. Always check and signal before changing lanes and at road junctions, as your road positioning may compromise your safety.
- Have a good knowledge of the Highway Code and follow it.
- When cycling, show courtesy to other road users and remember you still have to give way when requested and stop of red lights as you should.
- Do not weave between stationary vehicles which have stopped at junctions, as this can cause a distraction to other road users and cause an accident.
- Be particularly careful if cycling in the early hours of the morning or at dusk, when visibility may be compromised and accidents are more likely to affect cyclists. It is important to wear a high visibility vest and use your lights in poor weather and reduced daylight.
- Keep an eye open for potholes, these cause more cycling accidents than anything else.
Claim the compensation you deserve, using injury lawyers in Saxmundham
If you have suffered the pain and distress caused by a cycling injury that was caused by an accident that wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years, then you are legally entitled to make a personal injury claim using injury lawyers in Saxmundham. A simple call to the helpline, on 0800 180 4123, which is always open 24/7 will ensure that any queries you may have about making a personal injury compensation claim for a cycling accident using their injury lawyers in Saxmundham, will be answered quickly and effectively. Go online and find out if you can claim with their injury lawyers in Saxmundham, using their unique 30 second test to find out if your claim is valid and how much you might be awarded.
Date Published: 1st November 2013
Author: David Brown