What You Need to Make a Road Accident Compensation Claim – Injury Lawyers in Salcombe
If you have had a road accident which was not your fault, and have been injured, you may be able to claim compensation using injury lawyers in Salcombe. The best way to make a claim is to go through injury lawyers in Salcombe, as they know the law better than you do, and will be able to ensure that the best case possible is put forward, so that you stand more of a chance of a successful claim. There are still some things that you will need to do to help your claim along, though, and these are some of them.
1. Get Evidence
You need to prove that your accident was not your fault and that you have sustained a legitimate injury from it so that you stand a chance of having a successful claim. For this you need evidence from the accident. Some of the ways in which you can have valid evidence are:
- Photographs. Having photographs from the scene which shows the scene of the accident as well as the damage to the relevant vehicles can go a long way towards proving what happened.
- Police reports. If your accident was bad enough then the police/ambulance should have been called and the police would have made a report. This will be vital evidence in proving how the accident occurred. If the police were not present then you will still have to make a report the next day, and can then use this as evidence.
- Medical assessments. If you have an injury then you will probably go to the doctor or hospital about it, and the report of your injuries and how extensive they are can be used as evidence.
- Witnesses. Ask people who were at the scene if they are willing to act as witnesses for you and back up your account of the accident.
2. Get Good Injury Lawyers in Salcombe
The best way to make a good case is to have great injury lawyers in Salcombe. Head to the Accident Advice Helpline to find the best injury lawyers in Salcombe possible. Just call 0800 689 0500 to speak to the team about your case and they will let you know whether you have a good case for compensation or not. If you do then your personal injury lawyer will work on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve. Lawyers work on a 100% no win no fee* basis, and you shouldn’t have to go to court.
These cases can take time and you may be asked to keep providing more evidence and statements to back up your case. It is important when you decide that you want to claim compensation that you are aware that the process will take time, and be confident that you can see it through until you get the compensation you deserve. You can call Accident Advice Helpline 24/7 if you want any advice.