Injury Lawyers in Queens Gate and Not Being Late
If you have been the faultless victim of a crime or accident in which you were injured, there are time limits that apply to make your claim valid. These vary according to the type of crime or accident involved, but generally are:
- An accident must have been within the last 3 years
- If the accident was on board a ship or plane, it must have been within the last 2 years
- Because of the length of time industrial diseases can take to develop, sometimes up to 40 years, you have 3 years from the date of diagnosis to make your claim
- Crimes of violence have a 2 year time limit
- Crimes against minors, that are not claimed for at the time, can be claimed for before they reach their 20th birthday
- Crimes against minors that were not dealt with at the time, can be claimed for within 2 years of reporting it to the police
These times limits are usually strictly adhered to, but any court can overturn them if they feel that in a particular case there were exceptional circumstances why the personal injury claim was not made within them. Injury lawyers in Queens Gate can give you more information regarding this.
The Accidents That Can Happen That Make You Decide to Use Injury Lawyers in Queens Gate
There are an endless number of accidents and crimes that can happen, and do happen every day in the UK. Some are more serious than others, just a few examples being:
- Food poisoning
- Holiday accidents
- Industrial illness or disease
- Faulty product accidents
- Dental accidents
- Accidents at work
- Car crashes
- Motorbike accidents
- Slips, trips or falls in a public place
- Bicycle accidents
If you are involved in any of these accidents, or any other accident, that was not your fault, and it falls with the time limits, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim, using injury lawyers in Queens Gate.
Accident Advice Helpline Will Help Make Your Claim
For over 13 years, Accident Advice Helpline have been giving free legal advice to non-fault victims of accidents and have helped many thousands of them receive the personal injury compensation to which they were entitled.
On our website there is a 30-second test which will help you decide if you qualify to claim, and if you do will give you a rough guide as to the amount you may be awarded.
We operate a conditional fee agreement, more commonly known as no win no fee, you need no money to start your claim, and we do not receive any payment until your case has been won and finalised.
Our freephone helpline on 0800 180 4123, is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You can speak to one of our highly trained friendly and helpful advisors who are there to help you through the processes of making a personal injury compensation claim.