Motorbikes are becoming more popular on our roads, they are cheaper to buy, cheaper to run and cheaper to maintain, as well as being fun to ride. They now account for 1% of all traffic on UK roads but unfortunately they are involved in 20% of deaths and serious injuries from accidents. The motorbike rider is 40 times more likely to die in an accident than a car driver. If the motorbike rider is involved in an accident that is not their fault, they may be able to make a personal injury claim, using injury lawyers in Purleigh.
Injury Lawyers in Purleigh Will Help the Motorbike Rider
Unfortunately, whenever there is an accident involving a motorbike, more often than not, it is automatically assumed that the motorbike rider was at fault. Well more often than not, the accidents are not the fault of the rider, but of other drivers or bad road surfaces such as potholes. Because of this attitude towards Motorbike riders, they need someone good to fight their corner, they need injury lawyers in Purleigh at Accident Advice Helpline.
The Vulnerability of Motorbike Riders
Crash helmets reduce the risk of a fatal head injury by about 50% but still 80% of motorcycle deaths are because of serious head injuries. Motorbike riders are particularly vulnerable in accidents because of the lack of protection on a motorbike compared to the protection a car gives.
The Injuries That Can Result From a Motorbike Accident
The injuries sustained in motorbike accidents can be serious and life changing, just a few of them are:
- Spinal injuries
- Facial injuries
- Back and spine injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Road rash (this is where the rider slides along the road scrapping skin and flesh from their body)
- Bikers arm (this is where the accident happens in such a way that the bike falls on the arm and crushes it)
If you are injured in an accident that was not your fault, you should make a personal injury claim using injury lawyers in Purleigh.Open Claim Calculator
The Items You Can Claim for
Apart from, pain, suffering anxiety and stress, there are material things you can claim for, costs and losses that you have incurred as a direct result of your injuries. These can include:
- Care costs – you may no longer be able to carry out every day tasks for yourself and may need a carer
- Loss of earnings, past and future – if you are the main breadwinner and unable to work again this is a huge loss to you and your family
- Replacement of equipment and accessories – after the trauma of a bad accident you may never want to ride a motorbike again but you should be compensated for the value of the damaged leathers, helmet etc.
Making the Claim
Accident Advice Helpline have the knowledge and expertise to handle the insurance companies, who will usually insist it must have been the bikers’ fault – let us take that stress away from you.
Call our helpline on 0800 180 4123 and talk to one of our advisors about your accident, and we will make sure you get the fairest compensation available for your claim.