Cycle accidents can have unpleasant results, cyclists are so vulnerable their injuries tend to be serious, if not life threatening. If you have an accident while out on your cycle, and you were not at fault but sustained injuries, you may want to speak to injury lawyers in Portwrinkle about making a personal injury compensation claim.
Injury lawyers in Portwrinkle
Most cycle accidents are solo events, often caused by potholes and bad road surfaces but none the less serious. The cyclist has very little protection compared to a car driver or even a motor biker, but there are things they can do to try and reduce the risks of injuries being serious such as:
- Wearing a well fitting, good quality cycling helmet. This should be worn correctly, not pushed to the back of the head. Also make sure you purchase it from a reputable supplier, there are many fakes on the market that give little or no protection at all.
- Kneepads and elbow pads help to reduce the risk of road rash and protect the joints.
- Something bright or high visibility will make you more visible to other road users.
- Riding next to other cyclists can be dangerous. Motor vehicle drivers tend to get impatient when they are slowed down by cyclists and will probably want to overtake them. This is much more difficult and much more likely to cause problems if there are riders next to each other taking up the road.
- Leave enough space when riding passed parked cars for them to open a door and not knock you off your cycle. This is a very common occurrence and can be very dangerous, you may be knocked into the path of a vehicle coming the other way.
These precautions should help reduce the risk of serious injury and hopefully avoid the need for you to use injury lawyers in Portwrinkle.
Cycle accident injuries
There are countless injuries that can happen because of a cycle accident. Assuming the rider survives the accident, they could sustain such injuries as:
- Cuts and bruises
- Facial injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Fractured bones
- Back and spinal injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Road rash
Any of these injuries, if they happened in an accident for which you were not to blame, could result in you making a personal injury compensation claim.Open Claim Calculator
The first and second places to go
Obviously, the first place to go is to seek medical attention for you injuries. After you have done that and given yourself time to recover from the trauma of the accident, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline, the experts in making personal injury compensation claims.
We will give you all the help and advice you need and will take the stress away from you. Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, and our friendly and helpful advisors will discuss your accident and injuries, give you free legal advice regarding your claim, and then let you decide if you wish to continue, you will be under no obligation to do so.
Call now to speak to expert injury lawyers in Portwrinkle today.