How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury lawyers Portree

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Portree

    Injury lawyers Portree

    Once food becomes contaminated with bacteria or viruses, these microbes multiply extremely quickly.  If eaten, these foods can make you feel very ill, as that is one of the effects of food poisoning.  You may also be vomiting, have diarrhea and stomach cramps to contend with. If this happens to you, it might be necessary to make a food poisoning injury claim and for this you should use injury lawyers Portree.

    The varying food outlets that could make you ill and create the need for injury lawyers Portree

    There are all sorts of places you could eat out at, where you have not prepared the food yourself, that the food may make you ill and you may want to make an injury claim.  The sorts of eateries this could happen at are:

    • Hotels
    • Restaurants
    • Take aways
    • Works canteens
    • Hospitals
    • Cafes
    • Pubs
    • Schools

    Also, you could buy ready prepared food from a supermarket or local shop, with the same ill effects, and once again you may need to use injury lawyers Portree.

    Taking care to avoid food poisoning

    There are ways of reducing the risk of food poisoning, which all food outlets, and you at home, should follow. Most of them common sense and basic hygiene, they should:

    • Cook food thoroughly
    • Don’t keep cooked food at warm temperature for prolonged periods
    • Stores foods at correct temperatures
    • Don’t use food that has gone past its use by date, the date is there for a reason
    • Make sure if someone is ill or has dirty hands, they do not touch the food
    • Avoid cross contamination of foods by cleaning utensils and work surfaces between preparing different foods
    • Make sure the cooking area is clean and tidy at all times

    The most likely foods to be affected

    All foods can become contaminated, but some are more likely to be infested by the bacteria than others.  Some of these are:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Poultry
    • Pork
    • Raw meats
    • Raw eggs
    • Soft cheeses
    • Pate
    • Pre packed sandwiches
    • Cooked sliced meats
    • Sausages
    • Burgers
    • Kebabs
    • Unpasteurised milk

    The guilty party

    When eating out, you have to remember that the food has been supplied to where ever you are having your meal, the eatery is only preparing and cooking the food they have been supplied with.  This does mean that the contamination could have happened before it reached the food outlet and they may be totally unaware of the problem.

    For this reason, if you have a case of food poisoning, you should report it to the Foods  Standards Agency.  They will trace and put a stop to the correct source of the contamination.

    Where to make your claim

    Contact Accident Advice Helpline to make your injury claim.  We have dealt with many food poisoning compensation claims and have the experience and knowledge to deal with it.

    Call our helpline for free on 0800 180 4123 to speak to a friendly and helpful advisor.They will give you legal advice regarding your claim and guide you through the necessary processes to claim your compensation.

    Date Published: 29th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.