Whether you live in the village of Portpatrick or anywhere else with the UK, your employer has legal responsibilities towards you, and if they fail to comply with these and you are injured in an accident at work, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim using injury lawyers in Portpatrick.
Injuries at work
No matter what their trade or profession, employers have a legal duty to ensure the health and safety of their employees while in the workplace. If there are risks that cannot be eradicated, they should at least make you aware of those risks as well as reducing them as much as possible. If they do not they may find themselves facing a personal injury claim when you have contacted injury lawyers in Portpatrick.
The safety measures needed can vary with the trade, but there are some general rules that apply to all employers, such as:
- Have procedures in place in case of an emergency and make sure all employees know these
- Ensure you have enough space to work comfortably without too much twisting and turning
- Properly train you in the use of any plant and equipment and make sure the all plant and equipment is in proper working order
- Make sure all employees take proper breaks
- Keep walkways clear from obstructions and spillages
- Do not allow wires to be trailing across where staff have to walk
- Keep an accident book to record all accidents, no matter how minor they may be
These measures will go a long way towards keeping the work place a safe environment for the employees and anyone else that visits the business.
Call Accident Advice Helpline if you’ve had an accident
If you’re looking for injury lawyers in Portpatrick, Accident Advice Helpline have much experience in dealing with personal injury claims. We have been providing access to justice for non-fault victims of accidents of all sorts for over 16 years, and have the knowledge and experience you need on your side.Open Claim Calculator
We cannot help everyone though. You must first confirm that your accident qualifies and one of our trained advisors can do this.
- You can only claim if you were not at fault.
- Your injuries must be treated by a medical practitioner.
- Your claim must be started within 3 years of your accident.
Call now for no-win, no-fee injury lawyers in Portpatrick
Accident Advice Helpline always work on a no-win, no-fee basis, which means you don’t pay any fees upfront to start your claim.
Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 for landlines, and 0333 500 0993 for mobiles and speak to one of our friendly advisors who will help you through the processes of making a personal injury compensation claim.