Injury lawyers Narberth give you the dos and don’ts after an accident
Nobody wants to be involved in an accident, but often they are unavoidable. It can be especially frustrating when you are not at fault.
Injury lawyers in Narberth have put together some helpful tips in case you are involved in an accident.
- Do remain calm.
- Do call for medical assistance if someone is injured.
- Do call the police if the accident is a violent attack or road traffic accident.
- Do exchange information with the other parties involved. Note down details such as their name, address and phone number. If it’s a car accident you are involved in then also note the registration number, car make and model and, if possible, details of their insurance company.
- Do note down the name and contact details of any witnesses.
- Do take photographs from the scene of the accident. You can use the camera on your mobile or keep a disposable camera handy.
- Do write down an account of the accident. Include a sketch and make sure you include the time and date of the accident.
- Do call Accident Advice Helpline and their injury lawyers in Narbeth for advice on claiming compensation for your personal injuries.
- Don’t panic. You need to keep a clear head.
- Don’t get aggressive.
- Don’t leave the scene of the accident.
- Don’t speak to the at-fault persons insurance company or lawyer before consulting with injury lawyers in Narberth.
- Don’t exaggerate or lie. This could go against your compensation claim.
- Don’t sign any papers or agree to a settlement before talking to Accident Advice Helpline.
- Don’t leave it too long before you get legal advice. Most types of claims have 3 years in which you can make a compensation claim.
These are just some of the things you can do to protect yourself and help you if you decide to make a compensation claim.
The next step is to contact Accident Advice Helpline and our injury lawyers in Narberth. We can talk you through the claims process and discuss your case with you. As a personal injury law firm we have the expertise to handle your case.
All you need to do is give us a call on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile and speak to one of our helpful advisers for more information. There is no obligation and all of our injury lawyers in Narberth work on a 100% no win no fee arrangement.
Date Published: 20th December 2013
Author: David Brown