Advice from personal injury lawyers in Lydney on how to prevent road traffic accidents
Lydney is a small town, close to the Forest of Dean. It is steeped in history and even has a temple from the Roman period.
Unfortunately being a small town does not give it immunity from road traffic accidents, and they still occur.
Most road traffic accidents are thankfully not serious. However careless and negligent drivers that are involved in accidents can have more of a severe impact and potentially cause injury and in some cases fatalities.
The UK has seen a drop in casualties as a result of road traffic accidents since 2007, the UK Department of Transport reported.
Though the traffic in the UK has increased greatly over the last few decades, it has one of the best road safety records in Europe and the rest of the world. It is important though not to get complacent and always try to minimise the risk of an accident occurring
Accident Advice Helpline and their personal injury lawyers in Lydney deal with many road traffic accident compensation claims each year. We have collated a list of useful tips on preventing a road traffic accident occurring:
- Do not get distracted. It is important when driving to concentrate on your driving. Avoid doing anything that would affect your concentration such as using a mobile, eating or reading.
- Stick to the speed limit. An accident at higher speed is more like to cause more serious injury.
- Be alert. You need to be aware of your surroundings and potential hazards. A car in front of you may break suddenly or a child could step into the road.
- Reduce speed in rain and snow. When it is raining or snowing it will take you longer to brake.
- Maintain your vehicle. Your car should be road worthy and safe. Regularly check your oil, water, brake lights and tyres.
- Keep up to date on the Highway Code. It may have been a number of years since you past your driving test. It is worth checking the Highway Code as it may have been updated or revised since you last look at it.
If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in a road traffic accident in Lydney, contact Accident Advice Helpline and their personal injury lawyers in Lydney can help you. We are happy to answer any questions or concerns you have regarding the personal injury claims process. Call us on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile 0333 500 0993.
Personal injury lawyers in Lydney are experienced legal experts in the field of compensation claims and can help you claim the compensation you deserve.
Date Published: 13th December 2013
Author: David Brown