How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury lawyers in Helmsley

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Helmsley


    You may have visited Helmsley, staying there while visiting the North York Moors National Park. It certainly has an impressive Norman castle to clamber around. You may be seeking injury lawyers in Helmsley because of an accident in which you were injured. If you and your injury lawyers in Helmsley or elsewhere, can prove that the accident was not your fault, you may have a successful personal injury compensation claim on your hands.

    Injury lawyers in Helmsley

    You might also be looking for injury lawyers in Helmsley if you have recently been diagnosed with an illness which you can prove was caused by someone else’s negligence. You may wonder what type of illness this could be, so here are some examples.

    Illnesses cause by the negligence of another person

    1 The most obvious illness which can be caused by another person’s negligence is a work-related one. If your employer has failed in his or her duty to provide you with a safe and healthy working environment, you may be able to file a personal injury compensation claim against him or her.

    2 Food poisoning: if you have had to receive medical treatment for food poisoning after having a meal out, and you have kept the receipt, you could make a claim against the restaurant owner. If you have food poisoning while on a package tour abroad and you booked the holiday with a UK tour operator, you may be able, on your return, to claim personal injury compensation from the tour operator.

    Open Claim Calculator

    3 MRSA: if you pick this bacterial infection up while you are in hospital undergoing treatment and surgery, you may be able to file a claim against the hospital trust. MRSA seems to thrive in hospitals and residential care homes, although it is not as prevalent as it once was because patients now undergo screening for this before they are admitted to hospital. MRSA is known as a Superbug because it has evolved so as to become resistant to traditional antibiotics.

    4 Legionnaire’s Disease: this can be contracted (especially when abroad) if the owner of the hotel has failed to service and maintain water supply lines and air-conditioning systems. If you booked a package holiday with a UK tour operator, you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim for this illness on your return to the UK.

    5 Respiratory problems: if you are a tenant and have complained to your landlord about the damp conditions you are living in, and he or she has failed to do anything about them and you become ill, perhaps with asthma, then you may be able to make a claim against him or her.

    You have three years in which to make a claim for such illnesses. There are others, but these are the main ones that fall into this category.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you need expert legal advice about how to proceed with your claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline on one of our freephone numbers at any time. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 8th November 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.