How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury lawyers in Heddon-on-the-Wall

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Heddon-On-The-Wall

    Are you seeking injury lawyers in Heddon-on-the-Wall? Perhaps you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault in the last three years and are thinking of filing a personal injury compensation claim. You may only have two years in which to claim for an injury if your accident occurred at sea, in the air, or at an airport, so you should check with injury lawyers in Heddon-on-the-Wall or a firm of injury lawyers elsewhere to find out exactly how long you have before you must file a claim. You can also get this information from us here at Accident Advice Helpline.

    Injury lawyers in Heddon-on-the-Wall

    You can also file a personal injury compensation claim if you have been diagnosed with an illness that you can prove, along with your injury lawyers in Heddon-on-the-Wall, was caused by someone else’s negligence. You would have three years in which to make your claim. You may be wondering what type of illness could be caused by someone else, but there are many that fall into this category.

    Three types of illness caused by negligence

    The most common of these types of illnesses are work-related. Your employer has a duty to protect your health and safety while at work. If you contract an illness caused by an unhealthy working environment, you can make a personal injury compensation claim against your employer. Your injury lawyers in Heddon-on-the-Wall will need your medical records in order to build a case so that you can claim compensation.

    Another example of such an illness is food poisoning. You may have sustained this after eating at a restaurant, or you may have bought and eaten a contaminated product from a shop or supermarket. If you have food poisoning, you should receive medical treatment and your doctor should alert the local Department of Public Health so that an outbreak in your local area can be prevented. You can file a compensation claim from the owner of the restaurant if your illness was caused because the food was not correctly prepared or cooked. You can file a claim against the manufacturer of a contaminated product if it is proved that this is what gave you food poisoning.

    You may contract MRSA after going into hospital. This is one of the superbugs which has evolved to become resistant to traditional antibiotics. If you have this as a result of a stay in hospital, you can file a personal injury compensation claim against the hospital trust.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you think that you have grounds upon which to base any type of personal injury compensation claim, here at Accident Advice Helpline we can give you help and advice about how to make your claim. Call us on one of our freephone numbers now; our lines remain open 24 hours a day, every day of the year. The number to call from a landline is 0800 689 0500, and from a mobile is 0333 500 0993. For expert legal advice, why not call now?

    Date Published: 7th November 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.