How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury lawyers in Gatehouse of Fleet

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Gatehouse of Fleet

    If you’ve been injured in an accident that was someone else’s fault, you can use injury lawyers in Gatehouse of Fleet to help you make a claim for personal injury compensation. Accident Advice Helpline has helped thousands of people to make successful claims, and we can help you too.

    Injury lawyers in Gatehouse of Fleet

    Gatehouse of Fleet gets its name because it had a toll booth in the 18th century and is located on the banks of the River Fleet. There were highwaymen in those days and rather than falling foul of them, travellers would often stay in the town. Gatehouse of Fleet has been welcoming visitors for centuries. If you have met with an accident there which was not your fault and you and a lawyer working for a firm of injury lawyers in Gatehouse of Fleet can prove that it was the fault of another person, then you may be able to file a personal injury compensation claim.

    Injury lawyers in Gatehouse of Fleet

    You may also be eligible to make a personal injury compensation claim if you and your injury lawyers can prove that you have, or have had, an illness for which you can prove negligence on the part of another person. The other person may be your employer in the case of a work-related illness or the owner of a restaurant where you had a meal and subsequently went down with food poisoning.

    You have three years within which to make most types of personal injury claims, but in some cases, you have only two. It is advisable to check with injury lawyers in Gatehouse of Fleet or injury lawyers based anywhere else in the UK (or with us at Accident Advice Helpline) if you are unsure of the time period for your claim.

    How do I make a claim?

    Your first step is to find a firm of injury lawyers which has a specialist who deals with the type of accident you had, or one who deals with your type of illness. You will also need a member of a firm of injury lawyers who is willing to take on your case on a no-win, no-fee* basis as there is no legal aid now for personal injury compensation claims (that was abolished in 1995). If you experience any difficulty in finding a suitable lawyer, contact us at Accident Advice Helpline for help.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You should be able to have an initial appointment free of charge. This is so that you can discuss your potential claim and so that the lawyer can, at the end of your allotted time, tell you if you have grounds on which to base a claim.

    You might decide to hire that solicitor to represent you and then a letter will be written to the person you allege to be responsible for the accident or illness. That person will normally be given ninety days in which to respond.

    Your lawyer will ask for a variety of documents from you, including a doctor’s report. Then he or she can begin to build your case.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    We at Accident Advice Helpline can advise you about any part of the claim procedure, simply call us on one of our freephone numbers at any time. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or call 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Why not call now for expert legal advice?

    Date Published: 24th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.