Injury lawyers in Formby


If you have been searching online for injury lawyers in Formby, you may have had an accident while at work which you can prove was not your fault. Generally, if you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, you have three years in which to make a claim. However, there are some types of accidents for which you have to make a claim within two years. Check with injury lawyers in Formby to find out how long you have in which to file your claim, or with us here at Accident Advice Helpline.

Injury lawyers in Formby

If you have an illness which was contracted because of another person’s negligence, you may be able to make a personal injury compensation claim. You should file your claim within three years of being first diagnosed with the illness or disease. An example of an illness caused by another person’s negligence is food poisoning after eating out. Of course, you can also sustain food poisoning after eating a contaminated product, which might also be a case for which you could make a claim. Injury lawyers in Formby, or our legal experts here at Accident Advice Helpline, can advise you.

Food poisoning

You can (although this rarely happens because of strict food regulations) get food poisoning after eating canned food, which may be contaminated with the bacteria clostridium botulinum. If by some rare chance you are infected by this type of bacteria, you may suffer from weakness, blurred or double vision, sensitivity to light, paralysed eye nerves, difficulty in speaking or swallowing, or even paralysis or respiratory failure.

More common types of food poisoning are caused by E.coli or salmonella bacteria. The most common symptoms of food poisoning are nausea followed by vomiting, loss of appetite, watery diarrhoea, a general feeling of fatigue, muscle aches, stomach pain and cramps, and fever.

These symptoms may appear at any time up to 48 hours after eating contaminated food, and you should seek medical treatment. The local Department of Public Health should be informed so that they can investigate the cause and take measures to prevent an outbreak in the local area.

Accident Advice Helpline

If you need advice about any potential personal injury compensation claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline at any time. We have two freephone numbers: 0800 689 0500 for landlines and 0333 500 0993 for mobiles. Why not call now for expert legal advice?

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )