How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury lawyers in Fleet Street

    If you have been looking up injury lawyers in Fleet Street on the Net, or scouring the telephone directory for injury lawyers in Fleet Street, you will probably find a firm of that name. However, we at Accident advice Helpline, while not exactly injury lawyers in Fleet Street, could be just who you need to help you make a successful personal injury compensation claim.

    Injury lawyers in Fleet Street

    Still looking for injury lawyers in Fleet Street? Accident Advice Helpline operates all over the UK, and we can help you with all aspects of an injury claim. Why not phone us now on one of our freephone numbers given below? You can call on these numbers any time of day or night as they are never (really, never) closed, but if we can’t answer your question straightaway, someone will call you back.

    How long do I have to file an injury claim?

    If you have been injured in an accident that you can prove was another person’s fault and it happened within the last three years, then you could have a claim to file. If you have been diagnosed with an illness in the last three years, which you can prove was (or is) the result of another person’s negligence, then you could also make a claim. Generally you have three years in which to make a personal injury claim unless your accident happened at sea, in the air or at an airport, and then you have to file a claim within two years.

    You only have two years to claim compensation for an injury sustained during a crime too, as such claims are dealt with by the Criminal injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). If you are unsure about how long you have to file your specific claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline for expert legal advice.

    What are examples of illnesses caused by other people’s negligence?

    Here are just three examples of illnesses which could be proved to be the result of another person’s negligence:-

    Open Claim Calculator

    1. If you have been diagnosed with a work-related illness or an occupational disease, then you could, theoretically file a claim against your employer, if your working environment was the cause of your illness.
    2. If you ate at a restaurant and then had to have medical treatment for food poisoning, you could perhaps file a claim against the owner of the restaurant (who should have public liability insurance for such events) because your food had been improperly prepared. In other words the kitchen staff had been negligent in their duties.
    3. If you contracted MRSA (the so-called Superbug) while in hospital undergoing treatment, you may be able to make a personal injury compensation claim against the hospital or the hospital trust.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you want to pursue a personal injury compensation claim, but are not sure how to do this, call us at Accident Advice Helpline on one of our freephone numbers now. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Call us now for expert legal advice.

    Date Published: 21st October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.