Have you suffered an injury as a result of using a faulty product? Are you thinking of using a local firm of injury lawyers in Clacton-on-Sea where you live to help you claim compensation for this injury? Then we can help.
Faulty product injuries
You probably think the chances of being injured by a faulty product or item that you have bought are very slim. You probably expect that before any product is made available to the public it would have gone through a number of checks and tests to ensure it is safe for use. With the majority of goods and products this is exactly what happens. However from time to time accidents with faulty products do happen. Over the years we here at Accident Advice Helpline have dealt with a number of such accidents.
Here are some examples of accidents which could relate to faulty products:
- A wine bottle shattering onto your head when picking it up off the shelf at a supermarket,
- A brand new hair dryer blowing up
- Skin irritation from toxic chemicals which are present in items that it shouldn’t be
- Contaminated meat sold by a butcher causing food poisoning
There are many more cases just like this and if you have been the victim of one then you should use your rights as a consumer according to UK law and claim compensation.
Things that might help your case
Before you move forward with making a claim you should be aware of a number actions and items that could strengthen your claim. They include:
- Receipts, warranties and guarantees pertaining to the purchased product;
- A record of your injury or illness including details of when it first started and how it progressed;
- Medical records if you had to seek medical treatment;
- Details of any witnesses to the injury or illness;
- If you wrote to the company that sold or manufactured the product to tell them about your experience then please provide a copies of any correspondence and any responses you received; and
- Photographs of your injury and/or the product after the incident.
If you wish to claim back any expenses that you paid out as a result of your injury or illness, such as medical prescriptions or treatments, then you will need receipts for these too.
These things will be requested by most legal providers, such as injury lawyers in Clacton-on-Sea or a national firm like Accident Advice Helpline and can really make a difference to your chances of being rewarded compensation.
Making a claim
If you are ready to start a claim then you will want to contact a lawyer. This could be a local firm of injury lawyers in Clacton-on-Sea, however, finding such a specialist service in such a small area could prove difficult. Of course we at Accident Advice Helpline are always here to help you. We work across the whole of the UK so we can help you wherever you live.
For more information about how we can help or to start a claim contact us today on:
- 0800 689 0500 free from your landline; or
- 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.
Date Published: 17th November 2013
Author: David Brown