Sittingbourne is a town in Kent, England, which was named due to the fact that it has a Bourne underlying it. Just like any other place, it potentially faces cases of child abuse. There are different reasons why there is child abuse and whatever the case is the one abusing the child should be liable for the charges and pay for compensation for the abuse.
Many people don’t know exactly what step to take in the case of child abuse and thus end up not getting what they deserve. Legal procedures should be followed and this includes reporting the case to court in order to be compensated for the injuries.
How to find an injury lawyer in Sittingbourne
An injury lawyer normally does this since he will be aware of all the legal procedures and know what to do to get the compensation. A good injury lawyer can be acquired through a law firm such as Accident Advice helpline, which is an established professional law firm with over ten years’ experience in the field.
Although they do not have an injury lawyer in Sittingbourne Accident Advice Helpline can still represent you and your claim. This is because they are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need an injury lawyer in Sittingbourne look no further than this expert service.
They have friendly professional advisors who can provide advice where necessary and are always reachable by their 24/7 helpline through 0800 689 0500.
Effects of child abuse
- May lead to mental health issues. If one is abused, it will affect their mental state which with time could become worse.
- May lead to diseases. Some cases of sexual abuse may lead to sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV/AIDS, genital warts and others which can affect the child’s health.
- May lead to low self-esteem. This may be due to the child viewing himself or herself as worthless. This may affect a large part of their life if they do not get the right counselling at the right time.
- Feelings of withdrawal. Child abuse may make a child want to withdraw from other people, preferring their own company. Of course this affects them and others around them greatly.
Facts about getting compensation with the help an injury lawyer
- Since most people who are sexually abused are minors, it is advisable that an injury lawyer who is an expert in such cases deals with it. Accident Advice Helpline can help you find such a lawyer, as they are professionals. This will make the compensation more attainable.
- If you would like to get an estimate of how much compensation the victim could be entitled to, Accident Advice Helpline has a 30 second test on their website. Its important to remember that this estimate is not 100% definite, as each individual case needs to be treated uniquely.