Nobody wants to be involved in an accident that was not their fault. It means you will probably want to start a road traffic accident claim with an injury lawyer in Shawsbridge to get some compensation for your injuries and the money that you have lost because you are injured. Accident Advice Helpline can help you with this process and give you all the help and legal support that you need.
Are you looking for an injury lawyer in Shawsbridge?
We understand that you will want to call us straight after the accident. The problem is that many road traffic accidents happen at night – this is because accidents are common in the dark. This means that many legal firms will not be open when you need them – they may only open between 9 am and 5 pm.
Accident Advice Helpline have come up with a solution to this problem. We operate a 24 hours a day, seven days a week helpline on 0800 689 0500 (0333 500 0993 from a mobile) so that you can get hold of us whenever you need to. If your road traffic accident happened in the middle of the night, then you can still call us up from the scene if you want to.
Night-time road traffic accidents
It is a simple fact that many accidents happen at night. Up to 40% of collisions occur during the hours of darkness. There may be several reasons for this and an injury lawyer in Shawsbridge deals with all of them:
- Decreased visibility – the human eye cannot see as far in the darkness as it can in the daylight. This means that things seem to ‘jump out’ at you when you are driving at night and you do not have as much time to react.
- When you have been in a lit building or on a well-lit stretch of road it takes your eyes a while to adjust to the dark, so for a while your eyesight is even worse.
- Other road users cannot be seen so clearly. It may be difficult to make out the shape of a pedestrian until it is too late, yet the pedestrian will not realise that the driver has not seen them and may just carry on walking. The single lights on bicycles and motorbikes are not as powerful as a car headlight and may also be missed.
- Motorists are continually judging speed and distance and this can be quite hard even during the day. When it is dark, it is even harder to judge how far away another vehicle is or how fast it is travelling. Misjudging distance and speed of approaching vehicles is a key factor in many road traffic accidents throughout the UK.
- Young and inexperienced drivers do not always get the chance to practise their nighttime driving before they pass their test. They are particularly inexperienced in making judgements regarding their driving when it is dark and may make the wrong decisions. This leads to many accidents involving young people driving at nighttime.
If you need an injury lawyer in Shawsbridge, all you have to do is call us.Open Claim Calculator