There may be several aspects of a personal injury claim of which you are unsure. You may be confused about the legal process or worried about how your compensation settlement will be calculated. You may also be concerned about how your injury lawyer in Sharnbrook will prove that another driver was to blame for your road traffic accident.
Speeding plays a significant role in many road traffic accidents in the UK. This is because we simply do not have enough time to react to situations ahead of us when we are travelling too quickly. But why do people speed in the first place even though they know that they may end up as part of a road traffic accident compensation claim?
Speeding drivers and road traffic accidents
If another driver’s speeding caused an accident in which you were injured, you may be able to start a road traffic accident claim with an injury lawyer in Sharnbrook. You can find out more about this by calling Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500. They will be able to discuss your claim with you and advise you on how to proceed.
There may be several reasons why the person who caused your accident was speeding. Here are some reasons that drivers drift above the legal speed limits:
- The driver did not check their speedometer regularly. They assumed that because they ‘felt’ that they were travelling at a slow speed, they really were. They did not realise that their modern car was so quiet and smooth that while they felt as if they were doing 20 mph, they were in fact travelling at 40 mph.
- The driver did not bother looking for signs to show them what speed they were going at. They just made assumptions about what the limit may be.
- The driver knew what the legal speed limit was and treated it as a target. They did not adjust their speed because they were around a school, near to parked cars or to take account of the weather conditions.
- They did not bear in mind the fact that 20 mph is quite fast enough when there may be children stepping out into the road.
- The driver was not concentrating. They were allowing other distractions to take their mind off the road, so their speed had crept up without them being aware of it. This can happen very easily if the driver is listening to loud music or driving down a hill.
- The driver did not allow enough time for their journey and became stressed. They drove at speeds that were too fast for the road and weather conditions because they thought that it would get them to their destination more quickly.
Once your expert injury lawyer in Sharnbrook has established blame for the accident, they will set about negotiating your compensation amount. This will be determined by the type of injury that you have suffered and the money that you have lost.Open Claim Calculator
Call us on either 0800 689 0500 (landline) or 0333 500 0993 (mobile) today to speak to an experienced injury lawyer in Sharnbrook.