A expert injury lawyer in Sennen has to achieve a number of things. Accident Advice Helpline only provide the best service to our clients, so an injury lawyer in Sennen working with Accident Advice Helpline will have to be highly skilled in proving who was to blame for an accident and negotiating a fair level of compensation for their client – that’s you!
All of the injury lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline have vast experience in helping people who have been hurt in accidents that were not their own fault to claim compensation from those at fault. In road traffic accident cases, this is usually another motorist. It may be clear from the scene who was to blame and you may have witness statements and photographs to back this up. All forms of evidence are useful in supporting your claim. There will usually be one or more of the following involved in a road traffic accident case.
The causes of road traffic accidents
There are hundreds of road traffic accidents every day in the UK and hundreds of unique causes. However, nearly all of the causes can be categorised as one of the following and they all involve the driver of a motor vehicle:
- Speed – put simply, driving too quickly for the road and weather conditions at the time causes accidents.
- Drugs and alcohol – people who have taken drugs or consumed alcohol are more likely to cause road traffic accidents.
- Poor observation – good driving is all about anticipating what is going to happen and adjust your driving accordingly. If you are not observant, you cannot anticipate what is going to happen.
- Driving too close – it is a simple law of physics that you are less likely to hit the vehicle in front of you if you leave a big gap. If they slow down or stop, then you will have the time to do the same.
- Distraction – good driving takes 100% concentration, and if that fails then you can easily cause an accident. You will miss something that has happened on the road and will not have given yourself enough time to react.
- Fatigue – it has long been known that driver fatigue can be a major cause of accidents, and tragedies have occurred where drivers have fallen asleep at the wheel. You are not as observant and you do not concentrate as well when you are tired.
- Impatience – nearly everyone on the roads seems to be in a hurry, and sometimes people’s impatience boils over into impulsive driving. When you are driving like this, your judgement is impaired and you do not make good decisions.
Negotiating a settlement in road traffic accident cases with the help of an injury lawyer in Sennen
Once your case has been proved and the person at fault has admitted liability, your personal injury lawyer in Sennen will start to negotiate your settlement. You can claim for the injury itself and for the money that you have lost because you are injured.
Call us today on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 (mobile) to make your compensation claim.
Date Published: 12th October 2013
Author: David Brown