Had a motorbike injury? You need an injury lawyer in Rottingdean!
Motorbike accidents can often result in serious injury or fatality as the rider is extremely vulnerable due to lack of protection to the torso and limbs. The design of a motorbike fails to provide adequate protection if a motorbike is involved in a collision at speed with other road users.
If you, or someone you know, have suffered a motorbike accident and sustained an injury as a result, the accident wasn’t your fault and it occurred within the last 3 years’, then you are legally entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim using an injury lawyer in Rottingdean.
Causes of motorbike accidents
- Inexperienced riders
- Poor weather conditions
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving too fast for the road conditions
- Weaving between traffic
- Failure of other road users to take account of motorcyclists when turning left
- Failure to look adequately causing collisions
- Pulling out of junctions and failing to see motorcyclists
- Poor road positioning
At the scene of an accident
- If you are at the scene of a motorbike accident then it is your legal duty to ensure that you provide details of your home address, telephone number, full name, make, model and registration number of your vehicle and the registered keeper of the vehicle. It is advisable to also provide details of your insurance provider to other parties.
- At no time should you admit liability for the accident.
- Stay calm and reassure any casualties.
- Contact the emergency services as soon as possible notifying them of your location and the number and type of casualties.
- Ask a bystander to direct the traffic to alert other road users of the accident. Use a reflective warning triangle if possible.
- Make the area safe by turning off any engines and switching on hazard lights.
- NEVER remove the helmet of a motorcyclist as this can cause further damage. However if the motorcyclist stops breathing or has a cardiac arrest then remove the helmet carefully and begin CPR. This is the only circumstance where it is acceptable to remove a motorcyclists’ helmet.
- Ensure that any witnesses present provide their contact details in case they are needed for a claim.
- If appropriate, take photos of the scene with a mobile phone to determine the final locations of any vehicles involved and draw a rough sketch of the trajectory of any vehicle.
- Make a note of the weather and road conditions, especially if skidding was involved.
Making your claim using an injury lawyer in Rottingdean
Accident Advice Helpline are the leading experts in providing personal injury compensation claims. With an excess of 13 years’ experience they are highly skilled at securing successful compensation claims using an injury lawyer in Rottingdean. To find out more contact their 24/7 helpline for no obligation advice.
If you prefer, why not go online and participate in their unique 30 second challenge? Your claim could be processed professionally by a specialist injury lawyer in Rottingdean.
Date Published: 26th October 2013
Author: David Brown