Been out walking and suffered an injury? Let an injury lawyer in Ross-shire help you to claim!
Walking and hiking are popular ways of enjoying the fantastic landscape and scenery that make up our beautiful countryside. Walking groups are being more common and are an ideal way of getting out and exploring different parts of the area where we live. Of course, it helps that most walks end at a pub location for a hearty lunch!
If you have suffered an injury whilst out walking that wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years’, and you sustained injuries that needed medical attention, then you may be eligible to make an injury compensation claim using an injury lawyer Ross-shire.
Preparation for your walking trip
Here are some common sense tips to ensure that you are prepared for your excursion.
- Always pack adequate food and water for your walking trip. Ensure that you eat a good breakfast of slow release carbohydrate such as porridge. Take at least a litre of water with you and sip it regularly to reduce the risk of dehydration. Pack foods such as sunflower seeds, chocolate, bananas and trail mix with nuts and seeds to replace the energy that you are losing through walking.
- Always wear clothing in layers as this helps keep you warm. Outer clothing should be warm, waterproof and windproof. Always pack a hat and gloves, as it can become colder at altitude and if the weather turns colder.
- Wear sensible walking boots. These should have a ridged sole and protect your ankles. Ensure that the laces are tied correctly to reduce tripping.
- Pack a torch with spare bulbs and batteries in case of emergency.
- Pack a whistle and use it in emergencies to warn rescuers of your location.
- Always tell others of your intended route and time of return.
- Take an OS map and compass of the area and refer to it to ensure you are going the right way!
Making your claim using the services of an injury lawyer in Ross-shire
If you would like to find out more information about making an injury claim using an injury lawyer, then call Accident Advice Helpline. They have been established for over 13 years’ and their helpline is open 24/7. Their advisers will answer your call and offer no obligation free legal advice about the injury claims process using an injury lawyer in Ross-shire.
If you wish to proceed with a personal injury claim, then the injury lawyer in Ross-shire will process your personal injury claim on your behalf on a 100% no win, no fee basis. Why not go online and take the unique 30 second on line challenge? Will your claim pass as a valid claim, and will it tell you how much you may be due?
Date Published: 26th October 2013
Author: David Brown