Walking or hiking injury? An expert injury lawyer in Rockbeare can help!
Walking and hiking are popular ways of exploring the natural environment and countryside that we have in abundance everywhere in this country. Wherever we live in the UK, we are not far from the natural features which make up our unique landscape. Whilst hiking and walking are great ways of keeping fit and enjoying the great outdoors, they may also result in accident and injuries which can be painful and distressing.
Our top ten guide to avoiding an accident
- Always tell someone where you are going to walk, and how long you intend to be;
- Always wear clothing in layers that is warm, waterproof and windproof;
- Always wear boots that are appropriate for hiking, with a ridged sole and which cover your ankles to avoid sprains;
- Always take a hat, gloves and spare clothing in case of an emergency;
- Always take an OS map of the area and a compass to avoid the chances of getting completely lost;
- Always take a whistle which can be used to alert rescuers should you become injured or lost/separated from your group;
- Always pack a torch with spare batteries and bulbs to act as a signal to others and a watch, as it is easy to forget the time and become disorientated;
- Always carry ample food, water and a basic first aid kit. Take high carbohydrate and high energy foods in case you are lost for a period of time;
- Always take a mobile phone/GPS system. However, do not rely on these gadgets too much, as the satellite system may fail or be out of reception; and
- Always keep dogs on a lead, especially around livestock.
Making your claim for injury — leave it to the professionals and use an injury lawyer in Rockbeare
If you or someone you know have been injured as a result of a hiking or walking accident that wasn’t your fault in the last three years, then you may be eligible to make a personal injury compensation claim using an injury lawyer in Rockbeare.
Let the professionals at Accident Advice Helpline process your claim for compensation. We are well established, with over 15 years’ experience of processing personal injury claims just like yours. Our advisers are friendly, helpful and can answer any questions you may have about using an injury lawyer in Rockbeare quickly and reliably.
In addition, they can offer free no-obligation advice about using an injury lawyer in Rockbeare, leaving you free to decide if you wish to proceed with your personal injury compensation claim. Go online and take part in our unique 30-second online test to see if your claim will pass the test and how much you may possibly receive.
If you’d rather give us a call just dial 0800 689 0500.
Date Published: 22nd October 2013
Author: David Brown
Category: Location Posts