Suffered distressing food poisoning and need to make an injury claim? Call an injury lawyer in Rock for expert help!
Although food poisoning is a common occurrence it often goes unreported, as mild cases are not reported to the authorities. However, with the growing trend of eating ready meals and eating out, the incidence of food poisoning can affect many millions of people in the UK each year.
Food poisoning is caused by eating foods which have been contaminated with bacteria or viruses. The most common causes of food poisoning are:
- Campylobacter, which is a type of bacteria that is found in raw and undercooked meat, poultry, unpasteurised milk and untreated drinking water. It is one of the most common bacterial causes of food poisoning.
- Listeria bacteria, which are commonly found in soft cheeses like brie and camembert, cooked sliced meats, smoked salmon, pate and pre-packed sandwiches. These chilled ready to eat foods should always be stored at the correct temperature and eaten within their use by date.
- Salmonella, which is found in raw eggs, raw poultry and meat, and unpasteurised milk.
- Viruses are also capable of causing food contamination and food poisoning. Norovirus is the most common type of virus that causes food poisoning, as it is easily transmitted between foods and people. Shellfish that is eaten raw or lightly cooked is well known to be a source of Norovirus such as oysters. Pregnant women, young children and the elderly should avoid foods such as shellfish for this reason.
- Parasitic food poisoning is rare, such as toxoplasmosis when food that has been contaminated by the faeces of infected cats is consumed such as undercooked meat, food or water.
Make your injury claim using an injury lawyer in Rock
If you have suffered from vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach cramps and nausea within the last three years as a result of food poisoning which wasn’t your fault, call Accident Advice Helpline to find out more about making a personal injury claim compensation with an injury lawyer in Rock. Our helpful and friendly advisers can answer your queries about making a personal injury compensation claim and offer free no-obligation advice about how a claim is processed using the services of an injury lawyer in Rock.
With in excess of 15 years’ experience, we have helped many thousands of people like you to claim their legal entitlement to compensation with an injury lawyer in Rock. Call or go online and take part in our unique 30-second test to see if you qualify for an injury lawyer to process your claim on a 100% no-win, no-fee* basis. If it shows you have a valid claim, it will also give you an estimate of the amount you might be awarded.
Call us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 (mobile) today to start your claim.Open Claim Calculator