Read our top ten tips and let an injury lawyer in Rochester process your claim for carpal tunnel syndrome
- Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition which appears to affect more women than men and becomes more common with age, although it can affect people of all ages.
- This common condition affects the hands and fingers, causing pain, numbness, pins and needles and a tingling sensation. The symptoms may gradually increase over a period of time and are often worse at night. The thumb, index finger, middle finger and half of the ring finger can become affected, causing weakness and a dull ache.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by the compression of the median nerve which controls sensation and movement in the hands. It is unclear why the nerve becomes compressed in the carpal tunnel, which is made up of small bones and a tough tendon which allows the movement of the fingers.
- Certain risk factors have been identified which may increase the likelihood of carpal tunnel syndrome developing. These include pregnancy, family history of carpal tunnel syndrome, wrist injuries, as well as repetitive and strenuous use of the hands.
- Seeking prompt medical attention and diagnosis is important to ensure that symptoms can be reduced. Many people find that self-help treatments are effective at limiting the development of symptoms such as pain relief, rest and wrist splints. Moderate symptoms may be treated with corticosteroid injections, and if these are unsuccessful and symptoms worsen then surgical intervention may be recommended to relieve the pressure on the median nerve.
- Don’t suffer in silence! If you have suffered the painful and distressing symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome as the result of an accident that wasn’t your fault, then you are legally entitled to make a personal injury claim using an injury lawyer in Rochester.
- Call the leading experts at Accident Advice Helpline to ensure that your claim is processed reliably and professionally at all times. Our helpline service was established 15 years ago and provides telephone advice 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Your call will be answered by a dedicated and experienced adviser who can offer no-obligation advice about the injury claims process using an injury lawyer in Rochester.
- Most claims are processed over the phone without the need to even attend court, reducing the stress and worry that making an injury claim may cause.
- Your injury lawyer in Rochester will process your claim on a 100% no win no fee* basis, so you don’t have to worry about financing your claim initially.
- If you are keen to find out quickly if you are eligible to make an injury claim using an injury lawyer in Rochester, then why not take part in our unique online 30-second test? Will your claim for compensation pass?
If you want to discuss your accident in more detail then make sure you get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. Our expert advisers can be reached on 0800 689 0500 now.