How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury lawyer in Ramsgate

    Injury lawyer in Ramsgate

    Injury lawyer in Ramsgate

    If you’ve been injured in a crime, you may be able to claim compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA), regardless of whether the person or organisation that was responsible for you being hurt was caught and/or brought to justice or not. In fact, one of the CICA’s main purposes is to provide some sort of recompense to victims of crime when the person or entity responsible for an injury has not been caught.

    While it’s possible to make a claim to the CICA yourself, you could stand a much better chance of winning your case and maximising the amount of damages you could win by using an injury lawyer in Ramsgate to fight your case for you. If you can find an injury lawyer in Ramsgate that’s happy to take your case on a no win-no fee basis, you wouldn’t have to pay anything to get your case off the ground and would not be liable to pay any solicitor’s fees if your lawyer failed to win you any compensation.

    Types of criminal injuries an injury lawyer in Ramsgate might win you compensation for

    If you’ve been injured as the result of a crime perpetrated by a person other than yourself that you had absolutely no part in, there will be a good chance that you’ll be able to use an injury lawyer in Ramsgate to get you the recompense you deserve. Whether you’ve been mugged, stabbed or hurt in any other way, you could be in line for a pay-out.

    To make a claim, you’ll typically have needed to have reported the incident that led to your injury to the police. You’ll certainly have needed to have seen a medical professional with the injuries you suffered if you’re going to stand any chance of winning any money.

    The police may not be able to recover evidence relating to the incident that led to your accident, so it will help if you can try to remember as much as possible about the incident as you can. Although it may be difficult if you’ve just been hurt in a criminal act, try to remember as much about the incident as you can. If possible, memorise a description of the person that was responsible for the act or the precise chronology of events that led up to you being hurt. Do not attempt to photograph your assailant, as doing so could put you in more danger.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you’d like to find out more about using a no win, no fee solicitor to make a CICA claim or are interested in launching a case yourself, call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.

    Date Published: 26th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.