Injury lawyer in Preston Chorley
Why an injury lawyer in Preston Corley might need to help you with a medical negligence claim
No matter where you live in the UK there may come a time when you, or a family member, needs to make a medical negligence compensation claim because of a mistake by someone in the medical profession. This could be for several reasons, and may be made against differing professionals, such as:
- Your doctor – we all like to trust our doctor, they are the first person we go to if we feel ill, but they are human and they do sometimes make mistakes. They could misdiagnose your illness or give you the wrong treatment, unfortunately it does happen and could mean you want to contact an injury lawyer Preston Chorley as you may be entitled to make a compensation claim.
- Your hospital – hospital doctors and nurses are all very highly trained, but they work under a lot of pressure, with scant resources. They treat over 21 million people a year in A & E alone, but sometimes errors do occur in hospitals, and people are made worse or injured because of these errors.
- Your dentist – everyone’s favourite person, but what if he pulled the wrong teeth out, slipped with his drill and scarred your face or generally got the treatment wrong. Our teeth can cause us a lot of pain and discomfort if they are not treated properly, so the patient may be entitled to make a compensation claim, using an injury lawyer Preston Chorley.
- The pharmacist – if you were given the wrong tablets, or even the wrong strength of the correct tablets, you could become extremely ill.
- The optician – consider having your eyes lasered, what if the laser slipped and took the sight of your eye – it is no coincidence that as a precautionary measure, some opticians do only one eye at a time.
How your claim will be calculated
This would depend on how severity of your injuries, and the prognosis for the future, but can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Stress and anxiety
- Loss of earnings
- Childcare costs
- Travel expenses
- Extra medical expenses
- Care costs if necessary
- Home adaption costs if needed
- Any other cost or loss that is a result of the accident
Where to find an injury lawyer in Preston Chorley
Accident Advice Helpline, that’s the place to go. That’s where you will find solicitors with all the knowledge and expertise you need to fight your case. They will deal with the insurance companies, the health trusts and whomever else they have to. They will make sure every aspect of your claim is covered, that they maximise your claim so you receive what your are entitled to. After all, amputating the wrong limb, or something else just as serious, can be life changing.
We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, there whenever you need us. Just call our helpline on 0800 689 0500, and speak to one of our friendly advisers, they will give you free advice and assist you all they can to start the process of your personal injury compensation claim if you wish to proceed.
Date Published: 20th October 2013
Author: David Brown