Had an injury whilst hiking? Call an injury lawyer in Pembrokeshire to process your claim
Hiking and hill walking are popular ways of discovering the stunning countryside and natural geological features that make up our unique landscape. However, accidents can occur when you least expect it and injuries can often result. Follow our top ten guide to staying safe whilst out hillwalking and hiking.
Top ten tips to safe hiking and hill walking trips
- Always tell someone where you are going and how long you intend to be out walking for.
- Always check the weather forecast and follow any local advice you are given about areas to walk in.
- Always wear sensible footwear with a ridged sole and which provide adequate ankle support.
- Always wear clothing in layers and ensure that the outer clothing are warm, windproof and waterproof.
- Always take a map and a compass with you when you are planning a hiking trip.
- Carry adequate water and high energy carbohydrate based foods.
- Don’t rely on GPS or a mobile to get help if you need it, signals can be sporadic and may not be obtainable.
- Wear a whistle to alert people to your whereabouts if you become lost.
- Always keep dogs on a lead especially around livestock.
- Take a torch with you plus spare batteries and bulbs.
- Make sure that you wear a watch when you are out walking.
- Always pack spare clothing especially hats and gloves.
Making your injury claim using an injury lawyer in Pembrokeshire
If you, or someone you know. has been injured as a result of a hillwalking or hiking accident, that wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years’, then you are eligible to make a personal injury compensation claim using an injury lawyer in Pembrokeshire.
Call the leading experts, Accident Advice Helpline to give you no obligation advice about making a personal injury compensation claim. Their helpful advisers can reassure you with up to date information and advice about making a claim using an injury lawyer in Pembrokeshire. If you are eligible to make a claim for your injury and you decide to proceed with a claim, then your case will be forwarded on to a specialist injury lawyer in Pembrokeshire. They will proceed on a 100% no win, no fee basis, leaving you to concentrate on your recovery.
Accident Advice Helpline are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and they are ready to take your call whenever you decide to call. With in excess of 13 years’ experience in processing personal injury claims, you can be confident that your claim is in professional hands. Why not go online and take part in their unique 30 second on line test to find out if your claim is valid and to get an estimate of the amount you might be awarded.
Date Published: 18th October 2013
Author: David Brown