Been injured through a hiking or walking accident? Let an injury lawyer in Pavenham process your injury claim!
Hiking and walking are popular ways of seeing the outstanding scenery that this country has to offer, away from traffic and the bustle of everyday life. Walking and hiking give people valuable opportunities to exercise and enjoy the outdoors, whilst taking time to appreciate the natural landscape and geology of the countryside around them.
Tips for a successful walk or hike
- Always tell someone where you are going and how long you plan to be out;
- Always check the weather forecast before leaving;
- Take ample quantities of food based on carbohydrate and high energy, such as chocolate and dried fruit;
- Take water with you, as it is easy to become dehydrated;
- Boots should have a ridged sole and protect the ankles;
- Clothing should be worn in layers and be warm, waterproof and windproof;
- Always carry spare clothes, especially gloves and a hat;
- Take a compass or GPS with you — don’t rely on a mobile, as networks may be unobtainable where you are walking;
- Always take a whistle with you;
- Always take a torch with you with spare bulb and batteries;
- Always wear a watch;
- If you intend to climb at altitude, wear a helmet to protect yourself from head injuries in a fall;
- Take a OS map of the area that you are planning to walk in as a reference tool, and to ensure that you are aware of your surroundings;
- Take a small first aid kit with you;
- Leave no trace of your presence and take litter home with you;
- Close gates and ensure that property is left as you found it;
- Follow local signs and advice that you are given for your own safety;
- Keep dogs under control and on leads when instructed, particularly around livestock; and
- Always plan ahead and be prepared for any eventuality.
Your injury claim
If you, or someone you know, has suffered an accident that wasn’t their fault and been injured as a result within the last three years, then you are eligible to make a legal claim for personal injury compensation. Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 033 500 0993 (mobile) for no-obligation advice about the injury claims process using an injury lawyer in Pavenham.
Our friendly and helpful advisers can ensure that you are given all the information you require to decide if you wish to proceed with an injury claim using an injury lawyer in Pavenham. If you decide to go ahead, then your case will be given to an injury lawyer in Pavenham who will work on your behalf on a 100% no-win, no-fee basis. To start your claim, simply call or go online and take part in the unique 30-second test today!