Working with injury lawyers in Parsons Green after a motorbike accident
Motorbike accidents, like any road traffic accident, can be serious and bikers can sustain severe injuries or even fatalities as a result. The lack of crumple zones, body protection and increased exposure to impact from a collision means that bikers are particularly vulnerable to being seriously injured, if they are involved in a collision with other road users.
Although accidents can happen to any one at any time, it is important that all bikers are aware of their road positioning in relation to other road users, in order to make themselves as visible as possible to other drivers. We’re going to tell you what you need to know about working with injury lawyers in Parsons Green after an accident that was not your fault.
Causes of motorbike accidents
Obviously each accident is unique and the set of circumstances that lead up to an accident are as individual, as the people who are injured. Causes of motorbike accidents may include:
- failure by bikers and other road users to look properly before manoeuvring
- failure to mirror, signal and then manoeuvre
- driving without due care and attention
- driving too fast for the road conditions or weather conditions
- driving too close to the vehicle in front
- overtaking without a clear view ahead
- cutting up a vehicle
- changing lanes at a junction without checking mirrors first
- turning left at a junction and not checking mirrors first
- pulling out from a junction without checking adequately that road is clear
- driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- reckless driving
Knocked off your bike?
Injuries sustained as a result of a motorbike accident, particularly one involving multiple vehicles or HGVs can result in severe injuries for the biker including:
- broken or fractured bones especially the legs or pelvis
- spinal injuries
- soft tissue injuries
- cuts and lacerations
- back injuries
- head injuries which can involve brain damage
- internal bleeding
Get started with a claim
If you, or some one you know, has suffered the pain and misery of a biking injury as the result of a motorbike accident, then as long as the accident wasn’t your fault, occurred within the last 3 years, and you required medical attention, you are legally entitled to make a compensation claim for personal injury using injury lawyers in Parsons Green.
With over fifteen years of experience in processing personal injury claims, Accident Advice Helpline has an excellent reputation and can get you started today if you need injury lawyers in Parsons Green.
Call now on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.