Preventing accidents around water – An injury lawyer in Oxted
Water can be very dangerous if you are not careful whenever you are around it. Water can lead to drowning accidents, and slips and falls, if people do not take the right precautions around it, or if it is not taken care of properly. In a work environment, water spills should be mopped up thoroughly as soon as they happen, whilst places with large volumes of water, such as swimming pools, ponds and rivers, should have precautions put in place to stop people falling in or having other accidents. Here are some of the ways to best keep water features safe for people that may be moving around in or near them.
- Put up a fence or railing around water. This will prevent people from stumbling into the water by accident, or children from getting too close without proper supervision. Your fence should have a self-locking gate and be kept closed at all times.
- Provide non-slip areas all around the pool or body of water. When people have been in the water and walking around, certain surfaces can become very slippery, which can lead to slips and falls. Providing rubber matting around a pool will keep surfaces from becoming too slippery.
- Let people know the depth of the pool or body of water. There should be clear signs indicating the depth of any pool or body of water to prevent people getting into water that is too deep for them, or diving into shallow water and becoming injured.
- Keep electrical devices far away from water. This includes pools and large bodies of water, but also smaller areas of water and things such as taps or hoses.
- Keep drugs and alcohol separate from pools. Never allow people who have been drinking or taking drugs to go near a large body of water as this is a drowning hazard.
When to get an injury lawyer in Oxted
If you have had an accident around water which could have been avoided, then you may be able to make a claim for compensation. To find a good injury lawyer in Oxted, who can handle your claim for you and make sure that you get the best representation in your case, speak to Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years’ experience with personal injury compensation claims, so you are in the best possible hands, and they will pass you on to the best injury lawyer in Oxted for your claim. Your injury lawyer in Oxted will work on a 100% no win no fee* basis, and will work on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve. You shouldn’t have to go to court, and are under no obligation to proceed with a claim after your first call.
Date Published: 17th October 2013
Author: David Brown