How to treat a broken finger – injury lawyers in Oxford Street
You use your hands and fingers more than almost any other part of your body, which is why it is important that you keep them in the best health possible. You are more at risk of injuring a finger than another body part, as you are more likely to be using your hands when an accident occurs. Here are some tips on working out whether a finger is broken or not, and then treating it if it is broken.
How to tell if a finger is broken
- Think back to when it was hurt. Don’t try to move your fingers at all, but do think about whether you heard a pop or felt a crack as the injury happened. If you did then it is more than likely that your finger is broken and you should go straight to the hospital or a doctor.
- If your finger is swelling then this is usually a sign of a break. You should also be looking out for the type of pain. If you have a spread of pain then you have probably bruised the muscle or nerves, and if the pain is subsiding then it probably isn’t broken.
How to treat your broken finger
- See a doctor. In the case of a break it is best to go to hospital or speak to a doctor as soon as possible. They can make sure that the break is simple and will heal on its own, and can provide you with medication if necessary.
- Take painkillers and apply ice. Both of these will work together to neutralise the pain in the first instance.
- Splint the finger with a pen or other firm item, to stop it moving and causing more pain.
When to find an injury lawyer in Oxford Street
If you have broken your finger or hand due to an accident which was not your fault then you may be able to claim compensation from the other party. If you do this through an injury lawyer in Oxford Street then your claim is more likely to be successful, as they will be able to represent you in court and will know the law better than you do when it comes to compensation. As most of our claims are settled over the telephone though you aren’t restricted to lawyers that are local to you, or where the accident occurred, the lawyer with the best relevant experience will be chosen for you.
Accident Advice Helpline has over 14 years’ experience with personal injury compensation claims, so if you choose to work with them you can be sure that you are in safe hands. If you call them on 0800 689 0500 then you can decide together whether or not you have a claim for compensation that is likely to be successful. If you decide to proceed then you will be passed on to an injury lawyer who will work on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve. All of our injury lawyers work on a 100% no win no fee basis, so you don’t stand to lose anything.
Date Published: 18th October 2013
Author: David Brown