An injury lawyer in Mortlake does not take kindly to crimes of violence
London, like cities worldwide, sometimes has crimes of violence committed. Our injury lawyer in Mortlake does not take kindly to them and will do their best to get you the compensation to which the law says that you are entitled, to try to help you cope with the trauma and take away any financial worries it may have created.
If you are the victim of a violent crime, you may be entitled to use an injury lawyer in Mortlake
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) administer the payments of the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme. CICA are government-funded and were set up to compensate the blameless victims of violent crime. Payments are available for:
- Personal injury following a single incident;
- Personal injury following a period of abuse;
- Loss of earnings due to taking time off work injured;
- Special expense payments to cover specific injury-related needs which are not available free of charge from any other source;
- Fatal injuries, including loss of parental services and financial dependency; and
- Funeral payments if someone has died as a result of the incident.
If this is the situation you find yourself in, you may want to make a criminal injury compensation claim using an injury lawyer in Mortlake.
The eligibility for a claim
You may be entitled to payment if:
- The incident happened within the last two years;
- You reported it to the police and helped with their enquiries;
- Your injuries needed medical attention;
- You were a direct victim of a crime of violence;
- You were not to blame for the incident;
- You sustained an injury taking an exceptional and justified risk while trying to remedy or prevent a crime;
- You sustained a mental injury as a result of witnessing or being involved in the immediate aftermath of an incident in which a loved one is injured;
- You are a qualifying relative of a victim who has died from injuries caused by a crime of violence; and/or
- You are a British citizen or EU national with a right to be in the UK.
Accident Advice Helpline and an injury lawyer in Mortlake will help you to make your claim
The Criminal Injury Compensation Scheme is a complex process to go through, but it is all intended of course, quite correctly, to make sure that it only pays to the people it is meant for. In fact, if you have a criminal record yourself, you may be barred from claiming even if the injuries are unrelated to your crimes.
Accident Advice Helpline will help you to make your claim. We have been doing so successfully for over 15 years now and will make the whole process a whole lot easier for you. Just call our helpline on 0800 180 4123 and speak to one of our advisors. You will find them friendly and compassionate, and the call will be in complete confidence.
Date Published: 11th October 2013
Author: David Brown