How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury lawyer in Morpeth

    Food poisoning will make you feel ill, our injury lawyer in Morpeth will hopefully make you feel better

    Food poisoning will make you feel really ill and is unnecessary if supermarkets, food outlets, shops and of course you when cooking at home, treat and care for the food properly. If you have contracted food poisoning because of someone else’s lack of care, our injury lawyer in Morpeth will help you to claim compensation and feel a bit better.

    The care of food, as told by an injury lawyer in Morpeth

    It is contaminated food that causes this illness. The contamination is usually bacteria, but can be viruses as well. The conditions bacteria love and thrive in are really easy to avoid, most of them being common sense. The main ones to remember are:

    • Basic hygiene — keeping hands, aprons, work surfaces and utensils clean;
    • Making sure that food is properly cooked, as heat will kill many of the bacteria;
    • If food packaging says it should be kept chilled, storing it below 5 degrees;
    • If food is already cooked, don’t keep it warm for long periods;
    • Manufacturers put use by dates on food for a reason — discard it if it is out of date; and
    • Avoid cross contaminating foods by cleaning knives and other utensils every time you change from preparing one food to another.

    The precautions apply to all foods, and if you are made ill because someone has been careless with the meal you may want to use the services of an injury lawyer in Morpeth.

    Some foods are more susceptible

    Some foods need extra care because they are more susceptible to becoming contaminated. Examples of these are:

    • Burgers;
    • Kebabs;
    • Sausages;
    • Pork;
    • Raw meat;
    • Poultry;
    • Cooked sliced meats;
    • Pate;
    • Soft cheeses;
    • Pre-packed sandwiches;
    • Raw eggs;
    • Raw shellfish; and
    • Unpasteurised milk.

    Reporting your food poisoning

    If it is a meal out that has made you ill, don’t automatically assume it is the fault of the food outlet. They are preparing food supplied to them and the contamination could have happened anywhere in the food processes. For this reason, you need to report your illness to the Foods Standards Agency who will track down the source of infection and make sure it is dealt with.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Then, report it to Accident Advice Helpline

    At Accident Advice Helpline, dealing with a food poisoning injury claim is not unusual. We have over the years helped many customers to obtain the compensation to which they were entitled, and we will do the same for you. Our in-house solicitors are experienced in these matters and will ensure that your claim is maximised to get the correct amount of compensation for you.

    On our website there is a 30-second test for guidance, or you can ring our freephone number on 0800 180 4123 and speak to one of our friendly advisors. We operate a no win no fee agreement, so you will need no money to start your claim.

    Date Published: 11th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.