Lots of hills to climb for an injury lawyer in Morley
Morley is a market town within the city of Leeds metropolitan borough in West Yorkshire. The civil parish has a population of 27,738. The town is built on seven hills, like Rome: Scatcherd Hill, Dawson Hill, Daisy Hill, Chapel Hill, Hunger Hill, Troy Hill and Banks Hill. That’s a lot of hills to climb for our injury lawyer in Morley. We think they might rather be at work, dealing with employment-related personal injury claims instead.
The duties of employers to avoid an employee using an injury lawyer in Morley
All employers have a duty to protect the health and safety of their employees while they are at work. Employers have to comply with standard rules and regulations, plus any others that relate to their own trade or industry. They also face the risk of an injury lawyer in Morley if you are injured because of their negligence. Most of the rules are common sense, some of them being the following:
- Ensure the employees have enough space to work comfortably;
- Keeping walkways free of spillages and obstructions;
- Have regular fire drills;
- Have procedures in place in case of an emergency and make sure all staff know the procedures;
- Make sure all the equipment in use is in good working order and has any required safety guards fitted;
- Train staff properly to use any plant and equipment;
- Make sure employees take proper breaks;
- Provide, free of charge, any protective clothing or equipment that staff need to do their job safely;
- Carry out risks assessments and act upon their findings;
- Keep a record in an accident book of all accidents, no matter how minor; and
- Report serious accident to the Health and Safety executive (HSE).
If the employer does not comply and an employee is injured because they have been negligent, they may face an injury lawyer in Morley making a compensation claim.
The duties of employees to avoid having to use an injury lawyer in Morley
Employees also have duties towards safety while in the workplace, such as:
- Wearing any protective clothing provided;
- Never consuming alcohol during working hours;
- Not using plant that is not in proper working order;
- Not using plant and equipment that does not have safety guards in place;
- Not doing anything that would put a work colleague at risk;
- Taking the proper breaks; and
- Letting the employer know as soon as a potential health and safety problem arises.
Using your injury lawyer in Morley for a work-related claim
The easiest way to make your claim is to let Accident Advice Helpline do it for you. We will ensure that the whole process is as quick and simple as possible once our highly trained advisors have taken all the details from you. You can contact them on our freephone number 0800 180 4123 or try our online 30–second test for guidance.Open Claim Calculator