Injury lawyer in Monmouth
Monmouth is a traditional town in Wales. According to the 2001 census, its population was 8,877. The town was the site of a small Roman fort, Blestium, and became established after the Normans built a castle here after 1067. Its mediaeval stone gated bridge is the only one of its type remaining in Britain. The castle later came into the possession of the House of Lancaster, and was the birthplace of King Henry V in 1387.
Accidents and why you may need an injury lawyer in Monmouth
In Monmouth, just like in all other places in the UK, accidents happen and they are all unique, as are the consequences and the victims. The same injury will have a totally different impact on different people, what seems major to one is no more than a niggle to someone else. Whether minor or major, if the accident that caused your injuries was the fault of someone else, you may want to use an injury lawyer in Monmouth. Most injuries for your claim would fall into one of the following categories:
- Road traffic accidents
- Work related accidents
- Industrial illnesses and diseases
- Food poisoning
- Slips, trips and falls
The most common of these is slips, trips and falls with a huge amount of this type of accident happening every day in the UK.
Who pays the injury claim after using an injury lawyer in Monmouth?
Whoever caused your accident is responsible for settling the claim. That could be anyone that creates the situation, which causes you to have your accident and you to use an injury lawyer in Monmouth. Examples are:
- If you slipped on a spillage on the shop floor, the retailer would be responsible; it should have been cleaned up.
- If you tripped up an uneven pavement; this would be the responsibility of the local authority that should have maintained the walkways.
- If you fell off a platform because of the lack of or a broken rail, it would be a heath and safety issue. If this happened at work it would be your employers fault.
- If you tripped over an obstruction that you would not reasonably expect to be there, it would be the fault of whoever left it there.
This is just a tiny sample of how slips, trips and falls can happen, and in most circumstances, the responsible party will be insured to cover such events.Open Claim Calculator
It doesn’t matter where, why or who, we can help
If you have had an accident in the last three years, if you sustained injuries in that accident that needed medical attention, then you probably have cause to use an injury lawyer in Monmouth. The easiest way to do this is to contact Accident Advice Helpline. We have been helping claimants for over 13 years, making sure they get the compensation they deserve.
Telephone our freephone helpline, 0800 180 4123, and speak to one of our advisors, you will find them to be friendly and helpful in assisting you to start your claim.