Been a victim of food poisoning? You may need an injury lawyer Middlesex to process your claim!
Many cases of food poisoning are mild and go unreported, yet food poisoning can cause severe symptoms that can result in distressing and painful symptoms that in severe cases may take weeks to overcome.
Causes of food poisoning
Food can be contaminated by bacteria such as Salmonella or E Coli or a virus such as Norovirus at any time during it’s production, processing, storage or cooking. Once contaminated food has been consumed, the symptoms of food poisoning become apparent within 1-3 days of eating the food. In severe cases when food has been contaminated by toxins, the symptoms of severe vomiting can begin within a few hours of consuming the food and may be particularly distressing.
Food poisoning symptoms
Regardless of the cause of the food contamination, the symptoms of food poisoning include:
- nausea and feeling sick
- stomach cramps and tenderness in the stomach
Foods susceptible to contamination
- raw meat and poultry due to bacteria
- raw eggs due to Salmonella
- raw shellfish due to bacteria
- unpasteurised milk due to bacteria
- ready to eat foods including cooked sliced meats, pate, soft cheeses and sandwiches due to Listeria, E Coli and Salmonella
Avoiding food poisoning – what you need to know
Prevention is always better than cure, so follow these tips to reduce the likelihood of food becoming contaminated:
- always cook foods thoroughly
- always store chilled foods below 5 degrees Celsius
- don’t leave cooked foods at warm temperatures for too long
- don’t handle or prepare food if you are ill
- always wash your hands before handling or preparing foods
- don’t be tempted to eat food that has expired beyond it’s expiry date
- beware of the risks of cross contamination between raw and cooked foods
Looking for an injury in lawyer Middlesex
You may struggle to find an injury lawyer in Middlesex with expertise you need. If this the case contact the UK’s leading experts, Accident Advice Helpline, for no obligation advice over the phone on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993.
Their helpful and professional advisors are able to provide you with up to date information about making a personal injury claim with one of their solicitors.
With over 13 years’ experience, Accident Advice Helpline are well established and dedicated to ensuring that your claim is processed effectively and swiftly without the need to attend court.
Their injury lawyer will process your claim on a 100% no win no fee basis. Why not go online and take part in their unique 30 second test? Can your claim pass the test?
Date Published: 13th October 2013
Author: David Brown