Developed vibration white finger? Let an expert injury lawyer in Mersea Island handle your injury claim!
Vibration white finger is the old fashioned name for Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS), a condition that causes changes in sensory perception in the fingers. This can lead to permanent numbness of the fingers, weakness in the muscles of the fingers and thumb and sometimes bouts of white finger, when as the name suggests, the finger actually turns white.
Causes of vibration white finger
Vibration white finger has been associated with work related, industrial incidents involving handling vibrating tools for a long period of time during your employment; well in excess of a decade of frequent and prolonged use. The causes of vibration white finger may include working with equipment such as:
- pneumatic drills
- impact wrenches
- power drills
The effects on the fingers, hands and arms
Working with heavy, vibrating equipment for lengthy periods of time can cause the following symptoms to develop over years of repeated and frequent use:
- numbness of one or more of the fingers.
- tingling sensation in one or more of the fingers.
- fingers may turn white and feel cool as the blood vessels become damaged and affect circulation, by going into spasm. Oxygen is reduced as the blood vessels narrow.
- uncomfortable and pale fingers and thumb.
- If there is continued use of vibrating equipment once there is an onset of mild symptoms, the condition can worsen and symptoms can become severe particularly if the hands and fingers are exposed to the elements in cold and wet weather. This can lead to the fingers turning bright red and throbbing.
- After lengthy exposure, the muscles of the fingers and hand become weak and the casualty may experience a loss of manual dexterity and grip. Attacks will become more painful and prolonged, making fine motor activities impossible to undertake due to the severity of the symptoms.
Making your injury claim with an expert injury lawyer in Mersea Island
If you suffer with vibration white finger, as a result of a work related or industrial incident that wasn’t your fault, then you may be legally entitled to make an injury claim using an expert injury lawyer in Mersea Island. This is a simple and straightforward process that may be handled professionally on your behalf by an injury lawyer in Mersea Island and starts with just one easy phone call to a fully trained adviser at Accident Advice Helpline. Their helpline is open 24/7 to take your call and answer your queries about claiming for vibration white finger with an expert injury lawyer in Mersea Island. If you decide to proceed with your injury claim, you will be allocated to an expert injury lawyer in Mersea Island, who will guide your claim through to its completion in a professional, dependable and accountable manner on a 100% no win no fee* basis, leaving you to concentrate on maintaining your health and wellbeing. If you prefer, you can go online to the Accident Advice Helpline’s website and find out from the comfort of your own home, if you can make an injury claim using an injury lawyer in Mersea Island with their unique 30 second on line test!