Had a cycling accident and been injured? Make your claim with our injury lawyer in Melton Mowbray!
Cycling is a popular and enjoyable pastime that has gained in popularity over recent years, not just as a social activity but as a means of transport to get around cheaply and effectively.
However, as a cyclist you are particularly vulnerable to sustaining an injury if you are unfortunate enough to have a collision or accident on your bike, especially if the collision involved a motor vehicle. If you have suffered an injury as a result of a cycling accident, then you may be legally entitled to make a compensation claim for your personal injuries with our injury lawyer in Melton Mowbray.
Whilst cycling around the country lanes is not without its risks, it is the urban cyclist that is most likely to sustain a severe cycling accident.
- Congestion, speed and sheer volume of traffic means that cycling in an urban area can result in accidents particularly at road junctions and roundabouts.
- On high speed roads, cyclists are particularly vulnerable to suffering a severe injury or even a fatal one.
- During the early hours of the morning or early evening is a particularly difficult time to be out cycling, due to poor lighting and increased traffic flow.
- Young riders suffer accidents by going too fast or losing control of the bike due to inexperience, whilst older riders tend to have collisions involving higher speed with other road users. This may be due to a failure to look properly and it is these injuries that are more likely to be fatal.
- Cyclists need to be aware of their surroundings and not wear earphones whilst cycling. These can have a devastating effect on their ability to hear traffic and other road users by causing sensory deprivation.
- Busy road users such as heavy goods vehicles and taxis are particularly dangerous to cyclists as they may be in a hurry and driving at speed.
- Poorly maintained road surfaces and pot holes can be a dangerous hazard to cyclists
Your injury claim with our injury lawyer in Melton Mowbray
Finding out how to make an injury claim after a painful injury that was caused through no fault of your own can be a daunting and worrying prospect. That is when calling the Accident Advice Helpline for no obligation advice about using an injury lawyer in Melton Mowbray can be such a productive phone call to make! Our friendly and helpful advisers will offer you relevant advice and information about the injury claims process using our in-house injury lawyer in Melton Mowbray. Our specialist solicitor will work on a 100% ‘no win, no fee’ basis, ensuring that your injury claim is processed dependably, reliably, professionally and accountably at all times. Go online and take part in our quick 30 second on line test, will your claim pass?
Date Published: 7th October 2013
Author: David Brown