How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury lawyer Mansion House

    How to stop a broken bone from hurting – injury lawyer Mansion House

    Obviously when a bone is newly broken it will hurt for a while. But after a bone has healed and you are back to normal, you may find that it still hurts from time to time, perhaps after you have done some exercise or been using that area more than usual. Some people with previously broken bones report pain simply because of a change in the weather or temperature.

    There are a few things you can do to try to alleviate some of the pain If a bone does continue to hurt and does not get better, then you should go to a doctor.

    Put Ice On The Area

    Ice works as a wonderful natural anaesthetic and you can be sure that you are not doing any further damage to the injury simply by putting ice on it. If you are resting the area and putting ice onto it, you may also want to consider raising the area to get the blood to drain away from it, reducing any swelling and pain as well.

    Try To Walk

    If your injury was a broken foot, ankle or leg then you shouldn’t try to stay off of the area and you should avoid limping. These behaviours can actually cause your injury to get worse, as it won’t retrain itself to behave normally. Even if the pain means that you can only walk a little and slowly, then do this, but if you find yourself limping you should try to stop this as soon as possible.

    Take Painkillers And Sleep

    If you are able to take a few hours rest and sleep then do this. Your body heals better when you are asleep as it is able to focus simply on recovering. If you take painkillers beforehand then this should make it easier to get to sleep. Some painkillers can reduce swelling as well.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Find An Injury Lawyer in Mansion House

    If your injury was less than 3 years ago and the pain is still affecting your day to day life, then you may be able to claim compensation. If your injury was caused by an accident which wasn’t your fault then you should find an injury lawyer and see whether you have a good case for compensation or not. Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, to speak to someone who can help. You will need to tell them when and how the accident occurred and if you do have a case for compensation you will be passed onto an injury lawyer who will work on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve. Your injury lawyer will work on a 100% no win no fee basis, so you don’t have anything to lose!

    Date Published: 14th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.