Working with an injury lawyer in Llanberis
Llanberis is a village in Gwynedd, North Wales. It is a popular centre for outdoor activities in Snowdonia, including walking, climbing, mountain biking and pony trekking, as well as water sports such as scuba diving. The international fell race Snowden Race to the summit of Snowden begins in the village. There must be quite a few employers in Llanberis, and just like employers throughout the country, we hope they understand their legal duties towards their employees, or they might end up facing an injury lawyer in Llanberis.
Employers need to avoid a work-related injury and having to face an injury lawyer in Llanberis
Employers have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their employees while in the workplace. There are health and safety laws, rules and regulations they have to follow, and if they do not, and you have an accident at work in which you are injured, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim using an injury lawyer in Llanberis.
Your employer can do many things to keep their employees safe, including:
- Putting procedures in place and making sure that all employees know what they are, in case of an emergency such as a fire;
- Carrying out regular fire drills;
- Ensuring you have enough space to work comfortably without having to constantly twist or squeeze in areas to do your job;
- Ensuring that all plant and equipment is in proper working order and that any safety devices needed are fitted;
- Training you to use the plant and equipment and making sure you are aware of risks;
- Keeping walkways free of spillages and obstructions;
- Making sure you have proper breaks — a rested employee is far less likely to have an accident;
- Providing free of charge any protective clothing or equipment needed to do your job;
- Keeping a record of all accidents in an accident book;
- Reporting serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE); and
- Carrying out risk assessments and acting upon their findings.
A safer environment
If the employer does everything they should, they will create a safer working environment for the staff. Unfortunately, no matters how many precautions are taken, accidents will still happen, people will still be injured and they may need to use an injury lawyer in Llanberis.
Making the claim
If you have been injured at work and need to make a claim, contact Accident Advice Helpline. For over 15 years, we have been helping workers to get the compensation they were entitled to. We have assisted many thousands of claimants with their personal injury compensation claims, making the process easy and efficient for them.
Call our helpline on 0800 180 4123 and speak to one of our friendly advisors.They are professionals who will guide you through the processes and make the whole experience a lot less stressful for you.