Brain injuries and an injury lawyer in Liversedge
Liversedge is in the metropolitan borough of Kirklees, West Yorkshire. It has a church that was built at the time of the Battle of Waterloo. Heald’s Hall, formerly the Spenborough Museum, is now a hotel. In the days of Charlotte Bronte it was home to Hammond Roberson whom she transformed into the Reverend Matthewman Helstone in her novel Shirley.
Brain injuries can be life changing. If this has happened to you in an accident that was not your fault, you may need to use an injury lawyer in Liversedge
The types of brain injuries are numerous. Just a sample of the more common ones are:
- Penetrating head injury – where something breaks the skull and penetrates the brain;
- Diffuse brain injury – the head is heavily shaken about and the brain gets knocked against the skull;
- Brain confusion – where the brain swells, usually after a crack or break in the skull;
- Bleeding inside the skull around the brain;
- Concussion – the mildest and most common of all brain injuries; and
- Closed head injury – an impact to the head where no cracks or breaks appear in the skull.
A brain injury can change the lives of not just the victim, but those around them as well. If you, or someone close to you, sustains a brain injury in an accident that was not your or their fault, an injury lawyer in Liversedge should be contacted.
The effects of a brain injury
The effects of a brain injury vary greatly depending on the severity, but a victim may suffer any combination of these:
- Difficulty with understanding or comprehending;
- Changes to the senses of small, taste and touch;
- A loss of, or altered, speech;
- Loss of memory;
- A shortened attention span;
- Finding concentrating difficult;
- Speed of thought;
- The emotional reactions can change dramatically;
- General behaviour changes;
- A lack of coordination;
- Trouble with balancing; and
- Difficulty walking.
The victim will not necessarily understand what has happened to them, and in the worst cases they can become a totally different person. The injuries are not visible and this means that people sometimes react with shock when they realise just how altered the victim is, which makes the situation even harder for the victim. This situation really does mean that someone needs to use an injury lawyer in Liversedge.
We can help you
If the injured party is no longer capable of dealing with these matters themselves, a family member should contact us to make a personal injury claim on their behalf. Accident Advice Helpline have been helping brain injured people and their families for over 15 years. You will find our advisors friendly and compassionate. They will take the details of the accident and injury, then take the stress and make the whole process much easier for you. You can contact us on our helpline number, 0800 180 4123