Violent crime and an injury lawyer in Lincoln’s Inn Fields
Lincoln’s Inn Fields is the largest public square in London. It was laid out in the 1630s under the initiative of the speculative builder and contractor William Newton, “the first in a long series of entrepreneurs who took a hand in developing London”, as Sir Nikolaus Pevsner observes. As lovely an area as it is, sometimes, just like anywhere else in the UK, violent crimes happen and if you are the victim, you may want to use an injury lawyer in Lincoln’s Inn Fields.
Victims of violent crimes may need an injury lawyer in Lincoln’s Inn Fields
If you have been the victim of a violent crime sometime with the last two years, and the injuries you sustained needed medical attention, you may be entitled to use an injury lawyer in Lincoln’s Inn Fields.
There are criteria for using an injury lawyer in Lincoln’s Inn Fields after a violent crime
There are several criteria you have to fit for the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) to consider your personal injury compensation claim. These include:
- The incident should have happened within the last two years unless you were under 18 at the time when the rules alter slightly to allow you more time
- You were the direct victim of a violent crime
- You were not to blame for the incident
- You sustained the injury while taking an exceptional and justified risk, while trying to remedy or prevent a crime
- You sustained a mental injury as a result of witnessing or being involved in the immediate aftermath of an incident in which a loved one is injured
- You are the qualifying relative of a victim who has died from injuries caused by a crime of violence
- The incident should have been reported to the police
- You should have helped the police with their enquiries
- You should be a British citizen or an EU national with a right to be within the UK
If you fit somewhere within the rules, you may well be eligible to make a claim and use an injury lawyer in Lincoln’s Inn Fields.
The claim will cover several things
The CICA administers the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme. It is government funded to compensate the victims of violent crimes. The amounts awarded for your injuries are decided by parliament and covers:
- Personal injury following a single incident
- Personal injury following a period of abuse
- Loss of earnings
- Special expenses payments – to cover specific injury-related requirements which are not free of charge from any source
- Fatal injuries, including loss of parental services and financial dependency
- Funeral payments
Help is at hand when you need to use an injury lawyer in Lincoln’s Inn Fields
Accident Advice Helpline is here to help with your personal injury compensation claim, whether the cause of it is a crime or an accident. We have a wealth of knowledge in dealings with claims and will make the whole process as trouble free as possible for you, many claims being dealt with over the phone.
Call our helpline on 0800 180 4123 and speak to one of our friendly advisors. They will discuss your claim with you, give you free no obligation advice, and start the processes, should you decide you want to proceed.