Leuchars is a small town near the north east coast of Fife in Scotland. The town is best known for the adjoining Royal Air Force base, RAF Leuchars, which was established in 1920, and is home to the Eurofighter Typhoon.
We would definitely call some of the RAF pilots daredevils, as we would motorcyclists. Motorbikes now account for 1% of all traffic on UK roads, but unfortunately they are involved in 20% of deaths and serious injuries from accidents. The motorbike rider is 40 times more likely to die in an accident than a car driver.
Can I use an injury lawyer in Leuchars?
There are many reasons why a motorbike accident might happen; here are just three of them:
- Overtaking/filtering accidents
- Right of way violation
- Loss of control at speed round bends
If you were blameless for your motorbike accident, you may be able to use an injury lawyer in Leuchars.
Why are so many so seriously hurt?
Crash helmets reduce the risk of a fatal head injury by about 50%, but still 80% of motorcycle deaths are because of serious head injuries. Motorbike riders are particularly vulnerable in accidents because of the lack of protection on a motorbike compared to the protection a car gives.
What are the types of injury claims that can happen from a motorbike accident?
Here are some of the injuries that can happen from a motorbike accident:
- Spinal injuries
- Broken bones
- Back injuries
- Head injuries
- Road rash (this is where the rider slides along the road scrapping skin and flesh from their body)
- Bikers arm (this is where the accident happens in such a way that the bike falls on the arm and crushes it)
If you sustain injuries in any one of these accidents, ask about claiming compensation for your motorbike accident in Leuchars.
Claim for your motorbike accident in Leuchars
The circumstances surrounding every accident are different, but items you may be able to claim for include:
- Loss of earnings, past and future – if you are the main breadwinner and unable to work again this is a huge loss to you and your family
- Replacement of equipment and accessories – after the trauma of a bad accident you may never want to ride a motorbike again but you should be compensated for the value of the damaged leathers, helmet etc.
- Care costs – you may no longer be able to carry out every day tasks for yourself and may need a carer
- Pain, suffering, anxiety and stress
- Any other costs or losses you incur – as a direct result of the accident
As part of your injury claim you have to consider how the accident may change your life.
Who are the best people to turn to when I need help?
Accident Advice Helpline have the knowledge and expertise to handle the insurance companies, who will usually insist it must have been the bikers’ fault – let us take that stress away from you. For all your motorbike accident in Leuchars needs, get in touch.
Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 and talk to one of our advisers about your accident, and we will make sure you get the fairest compensation available for your claim.
Date Published: 5th October 2013
Author: David Brown