An injury lawyer from Leicestershire
Leicestershire is a landlocked county in the Midlands. The county has a population of just under 1 million with over half the population living in Leicester’s built up area. Many of the workers, who live in the area, and elsewhere in the UK, will spend their days on a computer keyboard, or using vibrating tools, both of which can cause a wrist problem known as carpal tunnel syndrome. It is part of the employers’ legal duties to protect their staff from such work related injuries, and if they have not, and your job is what has caused the condition, you may want to use an injury lawyer from Leicestershire to launch an injury claim against them.
You may need an injury lawyer from Leicestershire
In the wrist there are eight bones known as the carpal bones. Lying on top of them are the tendons that join the arm to the hand. The space between the two is known as the carpal tunnel and through this runs the main nerve to the hand. If this nerve gets damaged, you may suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome and want to use an injury lawyer from Leicestershire.
How you will know you have carpal tunnel syndrome
Initially the signs will start quite minor, but they do not take long to progress if ignored. Some of the things you may experience are:
- The first symptom is pins and needles, or a tingling sensation in the middle and index fingers. To start with, you may not notice it happening because it may just be in your fingertips.
- This then changes to pain in the same two fingers, and the pain can travel up your forearm.
- As it worsens, the fingers and parts of the palm may become numb.
- Some sufferers develop dry skin in the affected areas, as the condition gets worse.
- If carpal tunnel syndrome is not treated, the muscles will start to weaken and can eventually start to waste at the base of the thumb. This can lead to a lack of grip.
It is not unusual for both hands to be affected at the same time and if you have become aware of the condition in yours, you should consider making use of an injury lawyer from Leicestershire.
Making your personal injury compensation claim
If you have been in an accident of any type in which you were injured, and those injuries needed medical attention, you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim. To make your claim, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline, one of the market leaders in their industry. For over 15 years they have been providing claimants the access to justice that is needed for most people to be able to make a personal injury claim, and many thousands of them have been awarded the compensation they deserved.
Call our helpline on 0800 180 4123 for friendly advice from one of our advisors. They will talk you through all the process of a claim, and then let you decide if you want to continue.