Had a violence related workplace injury? Need help from an injury lawyer in Laxey?
Violence whilst working within the healthcare industry is becoming increasingly common and is a recognised hazard in the work place.
Violence in the work-place
Work-place violence encompasses not just violent acts towards others, but the threat of physical violence, intimidation, harassment or disruptive and violent behaviour in the work environment. These attacks can occur:
- in dental practices
- in doctors’ surgeries
- in hospitals
- in residential care homes
- in psychiatric hospitals
- in medical centres
- in nursing practice
- in home care worker roles
Reducing work-place violence
Employers can reduce the risk of work place violence occurring by introducing a zero tolerance policy towards violence. This should cover all workers, patients, clients, contractors and people who may come into contact with people at the work place. In this way, all people are treated equally without prejudice or exception.
This zero tolerance policy should be an integral part of staff training to reduce the occurrence of work related violence. By actively identifying the risk factors of work related violence in different departments, strategies can be devised to deal with any situations which may arise.
Some situations such as when working alone or in some one else’s home may mean that there are additional risk factors that need to be identified to ensure lone worker safety:
- always tell your employer where you are going and an estimated time of your return
- schedule appointments during daylight hours to reduce the risk of lone working
- ensure that you know where you are going and the location of the property that you are visiting
- park your car securely in a well lit area
- keep medical supplies, medical equipment and personal belongings locked in the boot of your vehicle out of sight.
- ensure that your door is locked and your windows closed if driving in a high risk area or if you are unsure of your location
Making an injury claim for workplace violence using an injury lawyer in Laxey
If you have suffered a personal injury as a result of a violent incident, which wasn’t your fault, within the last 3 years’ in the workplace, then call the experts, Accident Advice Helpline.
They are well established and highly regarded personal injury compensation providers, who have in excess of 13 years’ experience of helping people claim their legal entitlement to compensation.
Their helpful and fully trained advisers are on hand to offer no obligation advice and information about the claims process and using an injury lawyer in Laxey. If you are eligible to make a claim, you will be assigned to an injury lawyer in Laxey to process your claim swiftly on a 100% no win no fee* basis.
If you prefer to challenge yourself, why not go on line and take part in their unique 30 second test to see if you can qualify for an injury claim with their injury lawyer in Laxey?