Suffered from vibration white finger and need help from an injury lawyer in Langwathby?
Vibration white finger is the old name for hand arm vibration syndrome (HAVS) and is caused as a result of prolonged and repetitive use of heavy vibrating equipment, usually in the workplace.
Vibration white finger – causes and symptoms
Vibration white finger causes the blood vessels and nerves in the fingers, thumbs and hands to become damaged over a long period of time after prolonged use of vibrating equipment such as:
- pneumatic drills
- impact wrenches
The symptoms of vibration white finger can develop over a long period of time and gradually become more problematic and debilitating. In these cases, the symptoms of vibration white finger can affect the quality of your life as you become unable to fulfil the obligations that you may have as an employee and enjoy practical activities independently.
Symptoms may include:
- Numbness of the fingers and hands, starting with the fingertips and spreading along entire fingers.
- Pins and needles caused by interrupted blow flow to the fingers as blood vessels and nerves become damaged.
- Pain in the fingers, thumb and hand.
- Fingers change colour, turning blue and red, before staying white.
- Increased sensitivity to cold and wet conditions which exacerbate the symptoms of vibration white finger and can cause Raynaulds Syndrome symptoms which worsen the condition.
- A debilitating loss of manual dexterity as painful symptoms mean that fine motor tasks are difficult to achieve. Tasks which require strength and grip using the fingers and hands will be impossible to carry out safely and independently.
Using the professional services of our injury lawyer in Langwathby
Your health and wellbeing are the key to a happy and successful life, so if you have suffered an injury through no fault of your own, then you should exercise your legal entitlement to make an injury compensation claim.
When it comes to claiming you may be thinking of contacting a local injury lawyer in Langwathby. However you may be better served using a national provider.
Accident Advice Helpline can provide you with relevant advice about your circumstances and find out if you can make an injury compensation claim. Their helpline is always open whenever you decide to make your call and it will be answered by a helpful and experienced adviser who can answer any queries you may have. You will be allocated to a specialised injury lawyer who will guide your injury claims through the compensation process on a 100% ‘no win, no fee*’ basis.
Why not go online and take part in Accident Advice Helpline’s unique 30 second test and find out quickly and discretely if your circumstances allow you to make an injury claim today? Call on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.
Date Published: 30th September 2013
Author: David Brown