Can an Injury lawyer in Kelso help me claim for a head injury?
Kelso is a market town in Roxburghshire in the Scottish Borders area of Scotland. The parish has a population of 6,385 people. It doesn’t matter whether you live in Kelso or anywhere else, a serious head injury can change your life forever. As one of the most fragile parts of our bodies, the brain is easily injured in the event of a head injury, and if this happens to you, or a member of your family and it was not their fault, you should consider using an injury lawyer in Kelso.
Someone can do it on your behalf
Severe brain injuries are often life changing, and if the victim is so badly injured they are not capable of dealing with a personal injury claim, a family member should contact Accident Advice Helpline on their behalf. The possible brain injuries that could happen are numerous, but here are just a few:
- Bleeding inside the skull around the brain
- Diffuse brain injury is where the head has been shaken around and the brain has knocked against the skull. This can cause injuries in several parts of the brain.
- Bleeding between the skull and the brain
- Concussion, the mildest form of and most common head injury
- Closed head injury is where there is an impact to the skull, but nothing is broken
- Penetrating head injury happens when an object fractures the skull and enters the brain
- Brain confusion is caused by the brain becoming bruised or swollen when the skull is cracked or broken
Any one of these is severe enough to warrant using an injury lawyer in Kelso.
Possible after effects of a brain injury
Like all injuries, people react differently to them, but in the case of a brain injury, the victim may have no choice about their demeanor. The effects can include:
- General behavior changes
- Weakness or paralysis
- Difficulty with balancing
- Difficulty walking
- A lack of co-ordination
- They senses of smell taste and touch can change
- They can become very anxious and get depressed easily
- A total loss of or altered speech
- The attention span shortens
- They find it hard to concentrate
- Their memory can be affected
- Speed of thought
- The way they react emotionally can change dramatically
- They can have problems with understanding or comprehending situations or what is being said to them
The biggest problem of all, for the victim, is that many of these repercussions are not visible and people often react with shock, which the victim cannot understand.Open Claim Calculator
We understand, and will help all we can
Accident Advice Helpline fully understand the trauma these type of injuries cause, not just for the victim, but they can be life changing for the family as well.
You will find our advisers to be friendly and compassionate, used to dealing with this type of problem. They will guide whoever it is that contacts us, through all the necessary processes and make sure the claim is dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Call them on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, and don’t worry about financing the claim. We operate on a ‘no win, no fee*’ basis, so no money is needed to start the claim.