You may need to use an injury lawyer in Jacobstow if you have carpal tunnel syndrome
Jacobstow is a village in north Cornwall. At least some of the residents have to earn a living and may find themselves with a wrist problem, if their employers do not protect their health and safety whilst at work. If they are employed as a typist, using vibrating tools or doing anything that puts pressure on the wrist, they could develop a condition known as carpal tunnel syndrome, one of the things their employer should protect them against. If this happens, they may want to consider using an injury lawyer in Jacobstow to make a personal injury compensation claim.
Why you may think you have the condition
The symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome are progressive, they start by:
- Pins and needles or a burning and tingling sensation is the first sign. The index and middle fingers are usually the first affected but it can start just in the fingertips and be hardly noticeable.
- This then develops into pain in the affected area which can travel up the forearm as well.
- As the condition becomes worse, the fingers and parts of the palm may become numb.
- At this stage, some sufferers develop dry skin on the affected areas.
- If the condition is ignored, the muscles will start to weaken and it can eventually lead to muscle wasting at the base of the thumb. When it is this bad the grip can be affected.
The symptoms tend to be spasmodic at first and worse at night.
The treatments for carpal tunnel syndrome
The very first thing you must do as soon as you become aware of the condition is stop doing the action that is causing it and then rest your wrist to give it time to recover. Further treatments might be:
- A wrist splint to keep the tunnel in place with stress (this can be particularly useful at night)
- Steroid injections
- Surgery to release the nerve
The way to make your personal injury compensation claim
If you would like to make a claim but are struggling to find an injury lawyer in Jacobstow you could use a national provider instead. Contact Accident Advice Helpline for more information.Open Claim Calculator
We have the knowledge and experience you need to be on your side. If you contact one of our advisors on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993, they will discuss your claim and start the required process if you wish to continue.
Or you could try our 30-second test online. This will let you know if you have a valid claim and give you some indication of the amount you may be entitled to through an injury lawyer in Jacobstow.